Lottery Winning Back Issue!

If money were not an object what back issue would you buy? Single issue. No lists.

5 Likes

Flash Comics #26

Why?
Well a couple of years ago I started on this huge binge of Buying Flash comics going backward from the beginning of Flash’s trial through the death of Iris and a solid chunk of their Marriage.
(I had everything up to date post crisis so going back through time to fill in everything between the trial and Flash Archives volume 6 seemed to be the best approach)
One such issue I collected was Flash #268

Now in this story, Barry Allen’s neighbor Barney Sands comes over looking for a comic he has misplaced (Both the adult Barry Allen and his teenaged neighbor are die hard comic collectors.) The comic turns up as they are talking about it and then promptly disappears! The Comic was actually sprayed by a scientist testing out a new invention. However, the existence of the spray formula got out and criminals realized it would be the perfect way to steal “risk-free”
Now is this issue of Flash #26 any remarkable than any other Golden Age Flash story? Maybe, maybe not! In the story, It’s the issue in question because the scientist just happened to spray his son’s own copy. On the other hand, With all of the various Greatest stories ever told, 75 and 80 year celebrations etc… and with the two Golden Age Flash Archives that reach as far as Flash comics 24…well, it makes the issue that much more intriguing.

8 Likes

@golddragon71 Nice! Hey, Overstreet lists Flash 26 at a cool $2,000!

2 Likes

Action Comics v1 #1.

Upon acquiring it, I’d then sell it and make a tidy profit.

5 Likes

Probably Action Comics 1…

…or Amazing Spider-Man 33.

The greatest Spider-Man story ever written, by a mile, and the first appearance of the single greatest character in fiction. It’s a hard choice, honestly. Not like I can afford either. :wink:

3 Likes

Uploading: AE9000C2-2E2D-4B66-82B8-
A23974229C77.png…
Definitely these and whatever else I could get my hands on

4 Likes

4 Likes

Fun question @Kon-El! I was just mentioning this beast last night.

The Batman & Robin Omnibus :heart:

3 Likes

@KeyFamily Makes me think of Mad Magazine. $125 Cheap!

2 Likes

Yep, @Kon-El! Not too pricey, but I’m just not in the market for it at the moment. I hope to have it by Christmas.

2 Likes

Easy. Action #1. Do I really need to explain why? :grin:

2 Likes

That’s not cheap, but when others here are saying Action Comics 1 and it’s $1,000,000 price tag…cheap by comparison.

1 Like

3 Likes

All Star Comics #8. WW’s 1st appearance & the JSA in one spot.

3 Likes

Fantastic Four #48, Kirby doing some of his best stuff.

3 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think any single issue would give me as much joy to own as an original Batman #1 from 1940. The day I get my hands on that is the day I peak as a comic collector.

4 Likes

Detective Comics #27, Action Comics #1. Every Batman and Superman deluxe or Omnibus edition.

2 Likes

Galactus is such a brilliant idea that we all tend to take for granted these days.

1 Like

You gonna by that in CGC 9.4. What’s that? $650,000?

Yes!

1 Like