"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Nice. :+1: Foiley Flashpoint comic is super cool.

7 Likes

Thank yas. :+1:t2:

After I found a wall spot for Flasher (who’s staying carded, since I have the regular version open), the surrounding lights shone off his cover to a degree where he was literally a shining beacon.

Good show, Flasher! :flash_hv_1:

6 Likes

:+1:

7 Likes

Klarion the Witch Boy and Teekl

14 Likes

I ordered this print a week or so ago and it came in yesterday! I’m excited to get a frame for it and find a place for it on my wall. (A job that is slowly getting harder and harder.)

It’s by Mike Maihack.

13 Likes

Fantastic! :+1:

Teek!

8 Likes

Absolutely LOVE everything that Mike Maihack does! :purple_heart: :star_struck:

This is just a wonderful piece- good stuff @Row.Harper. :smiley:

11 Likes

Same. I know I’ll never be able to afford the awesome originals of his Batober stuff. But I saw he had a small sale in his online shop for some prints and I jumped at the chance to buy some of his art that I could actually afford. :sweat_smile:

And thanks!

8 Likes

Oh wow. It looks wonderful!

9 Likes

:smiley: :+1:

10 Likes

This is so cute! Im going to need one of those​:grin:

9 Likes

He’s so cute!! :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

That much orange on the chains wasn’t really working for me so I added bit of paint

10 Likes

After yesterday’s news about Kevin Conroy, I sat back and thought “Maybe I should snag the Gold Label BTAS Batman, as a tribute to THE Batman.”

I looked it up on Target’s site and of course, no stores showed it in-stock. Not a surprise, since Target’s site is often inaccurate in that regard.

Before going out to dinner last night, I swung by a Target for kicks and what did I find at a store that allegedly was out of stock of Gold Label Bats?

This:

I had a Circle coupon for 25% off one toy or book, so after that, the total was $38 and change.

Being that GL Bats is the last figure of the Conroy Batman made prior to his passing, I figured picking it up would be a nice tribute to the on-screen iteration of Batman that outdoes all others, as well as to the man who brought him to vivid life in the first place.

IDK if I’m going to open him (the box has a couple rough spots, but they’re pretty minor) or keep him boxed, but either way, I’d like to find a suitable display spot so that Conroy’s legacy forever shines as it deserves to.

SN: I certainly hope the eBay scalper vultures aren’t marking up their Conroy Batman merch, now. They usually do after a celebrity passes, but I hope they refrain.

10 Likes

:purple_heart:

#RIPKevinConroy

7 Likes

:+1:

6 Likes

QFT.

I’ve been listening to the BTAS soundtracks while working this AM, and also reflecting on my memories of him from Day One in '92 until yesterday.

7 Likes

His legacy will cherished for generations to come.

7 Likes

That is wonderful! That figure is beautiful.

6 Likes

Indeed.

My inner-home video geek thinks that it’d be nice if Batman: Mask of the Phantasm could get a 4K release next year. In honor of it’s 30th anniversary, but also in honor of Conroy’s best movie work as Batman.

Thank yas.

He’s pretty nice. Mostly a repaint of the 2020 BTAS/TNBA hybrid Batman, but this go-around, he has cel shading paint apps to better reflect the animation design, and a newly-sculpted cape that fans out to his side.

7 Likes