"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

These are on the way from the McFarlane Store:

I’m going to go ahead and say Frankenstein will be earn the Mega Figure of the Year award, with Mongul coming in a close second.

We’ll see when they come in (should be later in the week), though.

9 Likes

Finally found Batman Who Laughs at the Freehold, NJ Walmart!

Here he is next to classic Super Powers Joker!

15 Likes

How’d you know? :wink: Yup, definitely love this set!

9 Likes

Been so distracted this week that I forgot to post my signature haul from Baltimore Comic-Con last week! Didn’t get everyone on my list like last year but it was still a pretty successful trip!

Dan Brererton

Batman: Cover to Cover

Richard Case

John Cassaday

Batman: The Dark Knight – Master Race: The Covers

Jim Cheung

Frank Cho

Terry Dodson

Suicide Squad: The Black Vault

Superman Unchained

Kami Garcia

Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez

Detective Comics: 80 Years of Batman

Mike Grell

At the bottom of the cover

Cully Hamner

Scott Hanna

Mike Hawthorne

He also told me that Cyborg’s bulge was originally bigger but he was asked to make it smaller. Aside from how hilarious that is, I was surprised to learn that because a bigger bulge would’ve fit in perfectly w/ the tone of the show and comic! :laughing:

Klaus Janson

Francis Manapul

Green Lantern: Sinestro

Dark Nights: Metal – Dark Knights Rising. I actually had so many books for him to sign that I didn’t even notice he did this little Batman sketch until after I got home!

Superman Unchained

Justice League: The Darkseid War – Part 2

Ron Marz

Right by Hal

Tom Raney

Liam Sharp

Jill Thompson

Batman: Endgame. I also told her the only thing that would’ve made this better was if there was also an Ivy plush. She said she would’ve included one but just didn’t think of it at the time, so in my head there’s now 100% an Ivy plush on the floor or under a pillow :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I

Dexter Vines

Batman/Superman: Public Enemies

Gene Luen Yang

Action Comics: 80 Years of Superman

Books

I spent so much time chasing signatures that I barely had any time to look at comics the other booths were selling, which was definitely frustrating. But I’m glad I at least found these in $5 and $2 bins, respectively

15 Likes

New arrivals! :partying_face:

Frankenstein (insert Young Frankenstein quote here) isn’t just the best Mega figure of 2022, he’s likely the best overall Multiverse figure of 2022.

The sculpt, detail (especially his jacket, which has storage for his sword) and displayability are amazing. Truly an incredible piece.

Also, his trading card references his tenure with S.H.A.D.E., which is a nice touch. That way, Frank can be Seven Soldiers and New 52-flavored (SN: I hope we get Mrs. Franksentein before too long. :crossed_fingers:t2:).

Mongul is pretty spiffy.

He feels a bit hollow in the chest and neither arm has a bicep swivel, but that aside, he too scores a homer in the detail department.

Not my favorite Mongul figure (that crown is still worn by the Mongul from Mattel’s DC Super Heroes line, and is a crown he’s worn since he came out in 2007), but a very nice rendition of him all the same and its great to have another Superman-centric villain in the Mega assortment and overall Multiverse line.

10 Likes

Just back from a convention and got some cool stuff,

I got Justice League #1 (for only a dollar which is a pretty crazy price for such a iconic cover) Hawk & Dove #2 Tomb Raider #6 The Shadow Year One #5 Batman Legends of The Dark Knight #8 Batman #413 and Detective Comics #647 which is the first appearance of Spoiler.

13 Likes

Nice pickups @Vroom. I just ordered Mongul and the 3” Green Lantern Page Puncher from the McFarlane store. Worried about how Mongul scales with Supes and the rest of Superman’s rogues. Is he too big?

9 Likes

Very cool autographs @arkhamassassin. :+1:

9 Likes

:+1:

10 Likes

Lots of spiffy issues here @Daredevil. :+1:

11 Likes

Yay @golddragon71! :smiley:

10 Likes

Wow that’s a lot. Very cool :+1:

9 Likes

Finally finished my Dr. Destiny

And found this He-Man figure at Target for $8, and thought I could use it to make Vandal Savage

12 Likes

Thankily-dankily, friend-a-reeno!

Nice!

Please LMK what you think of Hal (and Mongul, natch) when he arrives, as he’s my most-anticipated of wave 2.

SN: Don’t forget to order Frankenstein when you can. :wink:

For as Ferris Bueller once said, “It is so choice. I highly recommend you pick one up.”

I have Mongul next to Future State Clark, and I think they fit together well.

I don’t get retentive over scale in most cases, but given how Mongul can vary in scale (especially depending on which Mongul one is talking about in a given moment), I think you’ll be happy with him. :slight_smile:

:hugs:

Cool stuff, indeed! Nice haul. :+1:t2:

As always, beautiful work from a true artisan of the customizing scene.

Also, I’m working on a custom that was directly inspired by your work. More details as the piece progresses.

7 Likes

:hugs:

8 Likes

That belt, those boots, gloves and cape- :purple_heart: it! Such solid painting here @TheTerrificToyman. :+1:

:+1:

9 Likes

Weekend pick-ups:

Target

@DC89, @biff_pow and other Keaton fans, check your Targets, as the stores I went by this weekend had oodles of Keaton Bats.

EDIT: I forgot about this one, but thanks to inspiration from @basicallytimdrake, I snagged this $3 goody at Target as well:

Walmart

McFarlane Store

NYCC Flash hasn’t arrived yet, but he’s on the way. Definitely a pleasant surprise to see when randomly browsing the McFarlane Store’s DC section.

14 Likes

aw hell yeah. have you tried it out yet? does it give you unimaginable feellings of power?

8 Likes

I did! It lit up my dining room ceiling quite nicely.

If you’re asking as to whether I feel the need to traverse the world as I edumacate myself on criminology, multiple forms of combat and more, all with an eventual return to my home city so as to perch my costumed self upon a gargoyle as I look over said city and swoop down when and where needed…nah.

Its the best $3 I’ve spent outside of a comic store in the last month though, I can guarantee you that.

Thanks for spreading the good word about it here. :+1:t2:

7 Likes

that’s not what you felt??? maybe you aren’t using it correct because that it exactly how i felt the first time i turned it on

ya welcome

6 Likes