"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Since the Monkey King is now a canon DC character, I can show him off here instead of the Iceberg thread. :smile:

I’ve been eyeing this one for a while. Haven’t taken it out of the box yet. I will just savor it as it is for a while.

Found these on Aliexpress for around $3 each.
Look at the level of detail on them!

I got this one from the same company. It was labelled as “Disney Marvel Princess.” My Diana mini-figs welcome her as a sister Amazon.

And to finish, I just published another book and Amazon delivered my copy!
Amongst other things, it has a brief essay on Wonder Woman so I feel I can include it here in this thread. :grin:

The essay as I originally put it on the forum: So, I’ve Read Every Wonder Woman Comic on DC Universe Infinite…I Think

Anyway, it’s been a pretty good week for me! :smile:

11 Likes

Rad pick-ups, and congratulations on your latest publication! :partying_face:

6 Likes

Thanks much!

6 Likes

:star_struck: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Very cool!

6 Likes

Picked up a new hat as well. As mentioned before, my sodas opened.

9 Likes

Apparently there’s a couple of Eclipso figures out there to be had. Reasonably priced as well.

8 Likes

hold on to your freaking hats because i got some cool crap
this lamp thing was a gift to me from my aunt and the box described it as a ‘great gift for kids’ and you know what that’s inaccurate because its the absolute coolest freaking gift for everyone

brace yourself for what it looks like turned on because its so f ing cool

my room can look at this at all hours of the day i want.
this is amazing
i also grabbed this impulse comic

and i ran into bruce at a 5-Below and bought him.
his neck is pure muscle jesus christ

10 Likes

Consider my hat blown away! Will Batman come over to hang out if I use that like a bat signal? :eyes:

7 Likes

Oh, wow. That lamp is so cool!

5 Likes

That lamp is awesome.

5 Likes

see, this is why i left specific instructions to hold on to your hat. i will not take the blame for any hats lost after seeing my lamp.

thank you! it’s absolutely mesmerizing to stare at.

5 Likes

Good stuff here @basicallytimdrake. That lamp is amaze! :+1:

7 Likes

thank you much

4 Likes

Picked up the last two WW omnibuses I was missing. We won’t talk about how much they cost.

My DC omnibus collection. Still thinking about the Death of Superman one. It might happen.

12 Likes

Along with a Justice League Unlimited six-pack (I forget if it was part of the Target exclusive era of JLU or the latter Matty Collector period, but I want to say it was from Target):

Speaking of JLU sixers, @Shayera.Hol might like this one:

Nice!

I’ve seen that at Target, in their $5 and under section. I was mighty tempted to nab it this past weekend, but I wasn’t sure how bright the illumination would be (especially as cheaper-priced items like those tend to be iffy in quality).

Knowing how neat it is now, I just might nab one.

Impulse is always good.

Very nice. The Spin Master 6-inch figures are pretty spiffy. There’s a new wave out at Five Below and similar stores right now, which includes Batman (of course), Cyborg, Robin and a repack of last year’s Superman.

I haven’t seen the new wave yet, but with Christmas on the way, I imagine it will start to pop-up in greater numbers.

8 Likes

it is, and you should
it looks amazing, and if you do get one, i would recommend turning it on, and then starring at it while playing the song Something In the Way. its a top tier experience.

i hope so, because the only ones I’ve seen at the few five belows that i check out frequently are Batman, Nightwing (which i grabbed a few weeks back, too), and the Joker (which i would not buy because i dislike him)

4 Likes

Double post, Skip. :wink:

IDK…my all-time favorite Bat-movie tune is U2’s Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, so if I do get one (and I likely will), that will likely be the tune I listen to.

'Sides, when it comes to Nirvana, I’m more of a Smells Like Teen Spirt kind-of guy, as that’s my all-time fav of theirs.

When able, check Big Lots as well, as they also carry the Spin Master 6-inch stuff.

3 Likes

dude, that’s happened to me 3 times this morning and i have no explanation for it
spooky Halloween ghost haunting me or smthn idk

well, yea, i also probably like that song more, but nothing makes ya feel like batman himself like lying on the ground and blasting the song Something In the Way

good to know, thank you

4 Likes

Its Johnny, from the comedy classic “Airplane!”:

Airplane Plug GIF - Airplane Plug GIFs

“No prob, Bob.” :superman_hv_4:

4 Likes