"Look What I Just Got" Thread (Part 1)

Yesterday’s tip-top Target Tuesday finds:

So much for that self-imposed “No TSS merch.” rule I set for myself a while back. :joy:

Bloodsport is a Superman-related character though, so I justified the purchase that way. As Batman said in Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, “Whatever it takes!” :batparrot:

He’s a nifty figure, and is currently on my desk staring down Spin Master’s 4-inch Deathstroke in the “Who’s a bigger orange-wearing, dual sword-wielding, badass?” department.

I will still be passing on the rest of the TSS figures, though. They’re nice, but other priorities from McFarlane, Spin Master and the rest take precedent.

Along with Bloodsport, I snagged a couple snazzy Wonder Woman 80th anniversary Pops (it was a Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman kind of afternoon/night at Target, it seems):

I’ve never had figural representations of the Red Son or Blackest Night versions of Wonder Woman, so these caught my four eyes. With them, I now have the set of 6 shown on the back of their boxes.

I’m excited for the eventual Pops of Diana from The Odyssey and DC You, along with Yara Flor. If only Funko would lean into Diana’s allies and enemies for their 80th anniversary product. It’d be a perfect way to finally get Ferdinand in plastic, and who would say no to a 10-inch Giganta Pop?

I also saw these at two of the three Targets I went by yesterday:

I have the BTAS Grapnel Launcher from when it was initially a Walmart exclusive, however I passed on the Burton-era GL.

Its definitely cool, but I have NECA’s Batarang prop from Batman, so my desire for an iconic prop from that movie has already been satisfied. Plus, I’ve never been a big prop collector and at $30 for the Burton piece, I’d sooner spend that money on McFarlane’s Batcave playset, which is the exact same price.

14 Likes

Yeah, I read the whole thing last night too. I loved every issue. I feel justified in all of the prints I bought now. :laughing:

5 Likes

:laughing: I bought a print and became a Patreon supporter lmao he got me!

5 Likes

I’m a Patreon supporter too! :laughing: Which print did you get?

5 Likes

This one! It was just to dang cute! If he does that Krypto one in a smaller size I’d totally snag that as well!
Capture

12 Likes

Good choice! That one is adorable!

5 Likes

I love the little dapper bow tie on the cape when he’s being formal! :heart_eyes: Dang cuteness aggression is real :rofl:

6 Likes

Don’t call me a cheapskate, but I’m going to print this out and frame it. Instant print!

4 Likes

I ordered the Steve and Diana one, and an Avengers-flavored one for a buddy for Christmas.

Btw…I feel like you should see this one, @DC89? :blush:

13 Likes

:laughing: you should really check out the comic, there are so many screencapable moments in there I’ll have to share them on my re-read :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Where is it, again?

5 Likes

I think my favorite crossover moment is when they do the Spiderman web sling down the halls :joy:

5 Likes

Is that in the comic? I’ll have to read it! So cute. :grin:

5 Likes

Here: https://jl8comic.tumblr.com/

And here: #1 - JL8 Comic

And also on the Facebook page here: Redirecting...

6 Likes

Ah, that’s right, I 'member now. Tanx!

5 Likes

As a big Nightwing kind of guy, I really like that, and how nice of a tip of the hat it is to this:

11 Likes

and a print!

12 Likes

He has a bunch of those!

12 Likes

Must…resist…cute…Jim Lee-inspired…art.

7 Likes

OMG JL8 GANG! I just found a JL8 thread on here!

9 Likes