The JL8 Thread

images images-1

http://limbero.org/jl8/archive

I’ve been following this webcomic by Yale Stewart for some time which tells the adventures of friendship and being a super powered child through the eyes of an eight year old Justice League. No Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman here, only little Clark, Bruce and Diana…at least not yet.

You got Darkseid teaching gym class, little villains in the making, Diana’s birthday party, Green Lantern Scouts and more. If you got a kid, get them hooked at once. If you’re a reader you got a favorite moment? Post them here!

images-3

14 Likes

Great thread, @mrsteamer96! I read JL8 daily in 2012-13. I’ve lost touch with the series over the years but absolutely loved it! The humor is spot on for comic fans, since they often throw in subtle references to the hero’s adult versions. It reminds me of Muppet Babies.

Some of my favorite moments were at Diana’s birthday party - Bruce giving expert advice to Clarke about his crush.

5 Likes

I absolutely love JL8! It got on my radar about four years ago and I’ve been keeping up with it ever since. There’s a lot of good moments, but for me, nothing beats the “brooding smorgasbord” :joy::joy:

8 Likes

Is Kara crushing on her cousin? Also, what does Batman mean “his stories?”

3 Likes

No Kara here, just Karen.

Dude, Alfred was a regular Austin Powers in his day.

3 Likes

If I remember correctly the guy that made the series didn’t know they were related until after he established her crush, I wouldn’t read any more into it

5 Likes

Eh, they are just children. My sister thought she and my cousin were supposed to get married when they were around 5.

4 Likes

One of my favorite moments

7 Likes

I might have to look into the series, I stopped a few years back when the creator got into major controversy and stopped posting. Has he come back or is this more of an appreciation thread?

4 Likes

I heard about that, it was sometime in 2014. This comic still gets updated every now and then.

4 Likes

Got to love the pro reading theme throughout.

8 Likes

Yeah, I loved checking this series every week. It has every aspect of great character building, emotional moments, and a true understanding of what makes these superheroes relatable. They all had their own distinct personalities that went to the core of their mainstream counterparts. I’m not entirely sure what went on behind the scenes with the creator but I as a worst case scenario I would just separate the art from the creator.

2 Likes

Everyone’s reading innocent stuff and then Bats is reading the art of war.

5 Likes

And so an addiction begins

6 Likes

“Oh, those are Oreos…they’re pretty good.”

Moments later, J’ohnn experienced paradise in his mouth.

4 Likes

3 Likes

This series is cute. I enjoy reading them.

3 Likes

I’m here! I just read the entire series. AND I AM HERE FOR THIS!!!

Favorite moments other than every second:

5 Likes

I think I accidently re-started this fan club. I’m not sorry. I’m totally here for this.

I have a ton of favorite moments and no screenshots to prove it. Basically any moment involving Barry or Alfred is a favorite. The whole snack table just for Barry at Diana’s birthday was just perfect. And Alfred standing up for Karen to the waiter at the PBJ restaurant was A+.

5 Likes

:rofl:

OMG you guys, the hype is real. I swear I will read this! It’s been a huge Wonder Woman content week over here so I’m not processing much else.

Maybe this weekend…this feels like another Lore Olympus binge coming on… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes