Live Q&A with Meg Delacy, AKA Shiv of STARGIRL! Monday 7/06 @2pm PT/5pm ET

Hey, Meg, thanks for taking the time to talk with us fans.

Cindy started as the quintessential mean girl, but there was more to her than that. She turned out to be more lonely than mean. Did you enjoy that turn, taking her from a stereotype, for lack of a better word, to being more layered and nuanced?

Don

3 Likes

Hey Meg, do you hope that Shiv will become a redeemable character or do want her to stay a villain and become badder?

6 Likes

hi meg !! first off you’re such an amazing actress and singer! your performance was outstanding and i fell in love with your character! she’s so badass and cool! my question is what you want to see for your character in the future? what type of things you want her to accomplish?

3 Likes

Hi Meg,
Big fan of you and Stargirl! Being the talented musician that you are, will we potentially see you preform on Stargirl?

Thank you!
Andrew

5 Likes

How was it like putting on the suit for the first time and doing the fight scenes?

4 Likes

Hello Meg,

Excellent job on portraying Cindy/Shiv so far. I noticed that in episode 8, Courtney seemed to have some sort of beef with Cindy since Court’s secret identity was revealed to her by none other than Cindy herself (and after their first encounter as Stargirl and Shiv in the previous episode). Will this “beef” be resolved soon? Will they be able to shake hands afterwards? Looking forward to see your response.

Thank you for your time.

2:08 A.M EST

4 Likes

Hi Meg,
Shiv is the WORST!
…Which can be accredited to your acting!
Did you read the comics to help prepare for the role?

4 Likes

Hi Meg!!! How are you!!!
I was just curious, what’s it like playing a mean girl by day and switching it up to be a Super Villain by night!
Must have been fun!

4 Likes

Hello Meg,
Love what you are doing with Cindy/Shiv.
Did you do any research into your character from the comic book source material to prepare for the role, also did you have any prior knowledge of Stargirl or the JSA prior to being cast?
Thanks!

5 Likes

Hi, Meg! Your Portrayal Of Cindy/Shiv Is On Par Excellent! I’d Like To Ask You, Do You Have A Favorite Character, From The Matrix Movies, Including The Animatrix?

4 Likes

Hello Meg! Thank you for your time :slight_smile:
I want to say that you are absolutely gorgeous :heart_eyes:
At the start of the season, I didn’t like the character of Cindy Burman at all, but since episode 7, I don’t see her the same way anymore. Despite her sociopathic side, I perceive good in her. :black_heart:
Here is my question : Is there a possibility that some former JSA members are still alive, like Shining Knight disguised as a janitor ? Like for example Jay Garrick or Ted Grant who is supposed to have the capacity to resuscitate ?

3 Likes

I really don’t have a question. Just wanted to let you know I’m enjoying the show and the way you play the character.

3 Likes

Hi Meg what did you feel when you found out that you were going to be a part of the dc universe did you feel excited or what?

2 Likes

Hi Ms Delacy

How was it working on Stargirl then seeing the amazing show

2 Likes

Meg,

Great work with the role and I hope it was an enjoyable shoot for you.

Was it fun playing a nasty character or did you find it draining?

Thanks,

Glen

3 Likes

Did you know the backstory of your character before audtioning for role, or did you start to learn her story as you brought her to life on screen?

2 Likes

Hi Meg!!! Season 1 has been full of twists and surprises!!! What was the most challenging part of your character to portray. Also I know you may not be able to answer this question, but since Stargirl is no longer on DCU for season 2 what do you think will happen with the quality and production of the show??? Thanks for answering our questions (Shiv)!

3 Likes

Hey @MegDelacy your so talented as Shiv will we see her assemble new ISA members that we have yet to see on the show

3 Likes

Hey @MegDelacy just wanted to say thanks so much for doing this Live q and a with us!! I love seeing you as Shiv/cindy on the show and its so cool how badass you are on the show!! I wanted to take the time to ask like what comics they asked you to read or what kind of research you did for the role? I’d also like to dedicate this drawing i did of you as shiv! Which i really hope you like!!!

thanks so much again for doing the Q and A with us fans!! You’re awesome and i cant wait to see more of Cindy in the show!! :raised_hands::raised_hands::metal:t2::fire::fire:

4 Likes

Hey Meg,
First of all, I just want to say that stargirl it’s on the way of being my favorite tv show. I love all of your guys acting!!! My question would be, how different or similar you think you are compared to Cindy. Can you give us some similarities or differences as examples? Thank you and keep up the awesome work!

3 Likes