Live Q&A with Meg Delacy, AKA Shiv of STARGIRL! Monday 7/06 @2pm PT/5pm ET

Hello, Meg. You are doing an excellent job playing Cindy/Shiv. :heart:

My question for you is : If you could choose a superpower, which one would you choose?

6 Likes

Hey meg

Well I gotta start off by saying that your doing such an amazing job as Cindy. My question is this as an actress you hope to do well and get alot of good compliments from fans but playing a villain although your going to be told that your doing a great job your also going to be told that they hate/dislike you because of the character that your portaying. I mean no one tells the hero of a story “I can’t wait for you to get yours” lol. So do you find it strange receiving the feedback from fans??
Again your doing a great job and thank you for spending your time with us :+1:

7 Likes

I just wanted to let you know, that so far, of all the villains we’ve seen on the show, I like your portrayal of Shiv the best! You really let Courtney have it, and I can’t wait to see what happens in part 2.

My question is this: What was your favorite scene to do, and why was it the auditorium scene?

7 Likes

Hello there Ms. Meg Delacy! Thank you for your time and being here with us! Hope that you and your family continue to stay safe and healthy. It has been an interesting journey seeing where Cindy has come from and where she is going as Shiv. :fearful: :sweat_smile:

My question is, how was the training to work with the dragon-headed staff, and did you ever switch with Brec’s for fun? :dragon:

6 Likes

Meg, what’re your thoughts on stargirl characters crossing over with other cw shows? Will it happen?

6 Likes

Hey meg who would you say is the funniest actor on set

8 Likes

I absolutely love your take on Cindy/Shiv! It’s interesting to see the changes made to the character (so far all positive) and I look forward to seeing how the season plays out!

My question: Did you read for the Cindy/Shiv character only, or did you also read for other parts? Is there another character you would enjoy playing on the show? (Yeah, I know, that’s technically two…but they’re so related you can answer both in the same breath!)

7 Likes

Hi, Meg! You’re an amazing Shiv/Cindy and I wanted to take a minute to say that. I’m representing the Stargirl Wiki over on Fandom today! You probably get asked this a lot, but, what was the process like working around those wrist blades? Were they clunky or uncomfortable?

8 Likes

What’s it like playing Cindy vs playing Shiv?

5 Likes

Hello! So do you feel like we will get to feel more sympathetic for Cindy/Shiv in the future or not? Do you feel like there is any possibility of redemption for her?

7 Likes

Hi Meg,
Those were some intense fight scenes in the previous episode.
How challenging was it to film those, anything funny ever happen on set? :thinking:

7 Likes

Hiya! I love how Cindy/Shiv is such a nuanced character with so much depth. My question is do you think she could be redeemed and join up with Courtney, Yolanda, Beth, Rick, and Pat as a member of the new JSA?

7 Likes

Hi Ms. Delacy! You’re easily one of my favorite aspects of the show, you play Cindy with such nuance that she’s incredibly fascinating to watch.

My question is—If Cindy was a Lantern, which color would she be? And you, as Meg Delacy, what color Lantern would you be?

5 Likes

Hi Meg, when we saw Cindy start to be friendly to Courtney in Episode 7, was Cindy really being friendly or was she being controlled by her father (like how she doesn’t actually like Henry and is only dating him because of her father)?

6 Likes

Hi Meggggggg
I kinda have a weird question to ask and it may not be the weirdest but in my head it’s certainly not the most normal question. I just want to know what your thoughts were about getting those silver/white streaks in your hair when you got to play Cindy. Did you hate them at first? Did you love them immediately? Love you all so much!

4 Likes

Hi @MegDelacy I want to know more bout ur character especially her past can u explain more bout the “accident” and also tell us more about the life on set. Episode 8 was so amazing my favorite. But honestly I need to know more about dragon Kings past but also since when was Meg Asian always thought she was Hispanic​:joy:. I googled you and I’m surprised I found out you were Asian that’s so cool I’m Asian too. Always thought u were Hispanic​:joy:. By the time u see this post I probably have watched episode 8 so don’t worry bout spoilers. Thank you :grin:

4 Likes

Hello Meg,

I want to echo everyone else here praising you for bringing such a bad villain to life and giving the heroes a run for their money. If it wasn’t for those meddling kids, you’d still have that school in the palm of your hand!

My question is, what would you say to Shiv to get on her good side? And not just to be part of her schemes, but for her to open up as a friend?

3 Likes

I have to say Episode 7 you really stole the show. Definitely your character bringing out that raw emotion, rage, anger was the perfect time. The scenes with you and Nelson Lee’s Dragon King are so good. It felt like a real-life family drama.

The 360 action sequence in the end of Shiv, Part 1 was amazing. That sequence at the gym looked again well choreographed and every move with the punches, kicks, aerial attacks were precise. Your stunt double Lauren Mary Kim from DC’s Titans, Star Wars The Clone Wars is amazing.

Episode 7 which was directed by Lea Thompson. How was that experience for you?

3 Likes

Who is your favorite villain on Stargirl besides yourself

4 Likes

What’s the best part about the Shiv costume and will we learn more about what happened to Shiv’s biological mother?

4 Likes