Live Q&A with Meg Delacy, AKA Shiv of STARGIRL! Monday 7/06 @2pm PT/5pm ET

Live Q&A with Meg Delacy, AKA Shiv of STARGIRL! Monday, July 6th @2pm PT/5pm ET

Facebook
Joining us to talk all things on and off-screen of Stargirl is Meg Delacy, AKA Shiv! Ask her all your questions about what it’s like to be the daughter of the Dragon King, her take on being superpowered, and being a part of the DC legacy on Monday, July 6th at 2pm PT/5pm ET!

Please limit to just 1 question; this way, everyone has a chance to get a response in the limited time we have :slight_smile: Thanks!

Add your questions in the comments below, and come back Monday, July 6th to read Meg’s answers LIVE!

14 Likes

Hi, Meg.

Shiv seems like a character that would be a LOT of fun to play. What was your favorite part about bringing her to life?

14 Likes

Meg, thank you so much for sharing your time with us. It is very much appreciated. You are doing a wonderful job at playing a villain. It must be fun to be able to explore that side of humanity. That said, I can’t wait to see Cindy get her comeuppance. She really is deserving of a beat down. :joy:

On a lighter note, my question: would you rather eat delicious, warm, crisp, yet fluffy, homemade waffles, or a stack of homemade pancakes?

Again, thank you for your time. You are amazing. Keep up the great job!

8 Likes

Hey Meg.
Thanks for joining us. U look awesome in your outfit, is it uncomfortable? U look like a bad@#$ in it. Thanks for doing this for us!!! It means a lot that you would take time out of your busy schedule to chat with us :green_heart::white_heart::heart::it:.

9 Likes

Hi Ms. Meg Delacy,

Hope you are doing well!!! You absolutely rock as Shiv and are hands down the perfect person to bring her character to life. I feel that Cindy is the type of villain people can’t help but to root for (including myself)!!!

I absolutely love Courtney and the rest of the JSA, but I felt the butt kicking she received from Cindy at the end of episode 7 was necessary in order for her to grow as a hero (and maybe an incentive for her to finally listen to Pat.) :joy:

Question: In your opinion regarding the fight, do you sympathize more with Courtney based on how it ended or do you feel that Courtney had it coming? :rofl:

Thank you in advance for your time!!! Also my little sister wanted you to know that she loved you as Grace in The Fosters. :blush:

9 Likes

Hi Ms. @MegDelacy !

Thank you for taking time to come and answer questions!
I hope that you and your family are safe and healthy.

Cindy is a great character. With many different things going on. She wants friends. She wants to be a part of the ISA. She’s in charge of her school.

What is your favorite offscreen memory?

Thanks again Ms. Delacy!

8:12pm 7/1/2020

9 Likes

Hello Meg,
Shiv is one of my favorite villain for Stargirl from a comic book, I have to say you’re doing amazing job playing a mean, cruel evil character! She reminds me of the girl from the classic movie, Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory who wants everything now! She even boss her parents around, Only Cindy is alot more evil then her! Did you come up with Cindy’s personality based on her? Looking forward to watching more episodes of Stargirl!:grinning:

6 Likes

Hello Ms. Delacy
Thank you for taking the time to do this. My question is what drew you to the role of Shiv? What’s your favorite thing about playing this character? Just wanted to say your first fight with Stargirl was amazing! Can’t wait for more of these fights.

6 Likes

Hello Meg,
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions! Stargirl is quickly becoming one of my favorite comic book related shows! Your portrayal of Cindy/Shiv has been incredible! A worthy villain to face Stargirl! Were you familiar with the comics/character before the show?
Be sure to check out my weekly recaps & reviews on Transmission From The Multiverse Blog!

-Justin Gilmore
Transmissions From The Multiverse Blog

8 Likes

Hello Ms. Meg Delacy, I hope you, your family, and everyone are doing super! My favorite role of yours is Cindy Burman aka Shiv, but I’ve been a fan of every character I’ve seen you play. Your acting skills are as super as your powers in Stargirl, my new favorite show because of people like you.

Given all the acting successes that have lead you here, how does it feel to be a part of the DC Legacy, especially as the character’s first live action appearance?
@MegDelacy Thank you so much doing this live Q+A!

9 Likes

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to be here.
You are sooooo good at making me dislike Cindy then go da#@ now that’s Shiv. I think its hard to make a “villian” believable and you nailed it! Then kicking some booty hope Shiv stays “bad” cause in reality People get wrapped up in anger and are driven by it.
Here is my question we are all geeks about something we love; cholthes, tv shows, comics, etc… What do you love to geek out about?

7 Likes

Hey Meg Delacy, Will we get more of a Backstory regarding Dragon King and why he experimented on Cindy, Also will we get more of a backstory for Shinning Knight?

9 Likes

Hello thanks for stopping by.

You’ve been great as shiv. Very awesome fighting, costume, and overall performance.

If you could play another DC character who would it be?

7 Likes

Hello Ms. Delacy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to join us and answer questions!
I was unfamiliar with the character Shiv before the show came out and began reading as a result. You’ve done an amazing job of making me want to kill Cindy one moment and hug her the next. She is such a beautiful, and I think complex, character. Your range of emotions in last week’s episode was pure gold. Can’t wait to see more!

My question: What is the hardest part of portraying Cindy Burman/Shiv?

Thanks again! :smile:

6 Likes

Hello Meg,
First off thank you for doing this. Will we get to she Shiv help Courtney the new JSA defeat the ISA and her father? And in your own opinion of your character how do you think she will take it if she finds out that Courtney is Stargirl and that some of her worst enemies (Yolanda) are apart of the new JSA?

7 Likes

Hi! :wave: How much do you relate with your character? Are you completely different from her in real life?

7 Likes

Hello miss Meg Delacy or should I say Shiv

My question is with you being an Villain what would be some villain team ups you would like to see with Shiv in the future? Also those fight scenes between Cindy & Courtney in Shiv part one & Part 2 were fantastic.

Thanks for taking your time to answer my question! And congrats on your renewal.

6 Likes

Hello Meg! First, you’re doing a fantastic job as Cindy/Shiv! Second, when I found I out you’re half Filipino, I was happy and excited for the representation (I’m Filipino too! :D). Growing up, there weren’t a lot of actors and actresses who looked like me, so seeing you on the TV really warmed my heart! My question is, if you met Cindy/Shiv in real life, what would you tell her?

5 Likes

Hi Meg. I’m really enjoying the show so far. Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. My question is what is the hardest part of acting as a villain or does it just come naturally?

5 Likes

Welcome to DCU Community Meg!

In your recent Stargirl Instagram takeover I believe you mentioned that Cindy would be forming a friendship or at least a connection with Solomon Grundy.

Don’t know how much you can divulge like if we’ll actually hear Grundy talk, but what was the experience like interacting with a CGI character? Like was there a stand-in actor or something for you be perform against?

Side note, REALLY hope Cindy/Grundy become a friends like Sloth/Chunk from Goonies! :blush:

6 Likes