Live Q&A with Mark Waid, writer of KINGDOM COME, THE FLASH, and So Much More! Wednesday, 5/27 @5pm PT/8pm ET

Hi Mr. Waid,
I’d like to know who your favorite DC hero is?

3 Likes

Hello Mark! First of all I want to thank you for your amazing works at DC. My first question is: In Kingdom Come what caused the falling out between Bruce and Dick? My second question is: If you were in the JL during tower of babel would you have voted Batman stay or leave? Thank you for your time.

4 Likes

Hi Mark! Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions from the community!

What is your favorite DC Comic issue that you’ve read and why?

2 Likes

I recently read all of Kingdom Come for the first time in one sitting.

My favorite part of the whole thing was the epilogue. I just love the vibe and the character interactions there. What was it like developing that section of the story? Was it weird to write “elderly” versions of heroes who’re usually depicted in their prime?

3 Likes

Question: If given the opportunity, which live-action or animated super-hero series would you choose to write an episode for, and why?

1 Like

Mr. Waid,

Certain moments from Birthright have been incorporated into recent Superman movies. Are there any other bits from Birthright or Kingdom Come that you would like to see in a future Superman film?

2 Likes

Hello thanks for stopping by.

If you could wright any DC character you want with no restrictions. Who would it be?

1 Like

I caught your last interview with DC Daily and was absolutely flabbergasted with your downright DC museum! It even gave me a few ideas for my own little trophy room! What would it take to get a virtual tour posted somewhere?

1 Like

He’s been on DC Daily twice in the past couple of weeks and is now doing a Q & A. I think it’s safe to assume he’s back. The question is, what is he writing.

2 Likes

Will you ever return to the Knights Tempus team from LSH?

1 Like

Hi Mr. Waid,

I’m a really big Kingdom Come fan and I can’t tell you how many times I go back, reread it, and find a whole other reason to love that story.

My question: What would you say is the biggest takeaway from Kingdom Come?

Thank you!

2 Likes

I don’t want to get too caught up in singing your praises, but you’re clearly one of the greats, and thanks for taking the time to answer these questions. Your Flash run, for me, is a top five run on any book.

Speaking of the Fastest Man Alive, during your run on Flash did you ever think about bringing Fiona Webb back?

1 Like

Hi Mark, thanks for taking the time to do this! Hope you’re staying healthy and safe. I know you somewhat prefer the love triangle with Clark, Lois, and Superman. Considering the development of Lois and Clark into a proper family with with Jon, is that a dynamic you’d want to tackle or would you prefer doing something outside of that, like a continuation of Birthright?

1 Like

Hello Mr Waid. I have been a long time fan of yours since I first got into comics. I grew up on Wally West as the Flash and loved the detail that went into Kingdom Come. One of my favorite dynamics was when you brought Max Mercury together to mentor Bart Allen. One of my favorite issues of all time was Impulse 10, where Max Mercury is clinging to life in a hospital and Bart has lost his speed. You wrote it so well with showing how it felt to be slow now and the sadness and worry Bart has especially when he was just running. It affected me so much and makes me tear up every time I read it. Did you pull the emotion from a real life experience because it felt so real and raw to me?

2 Likes

Hiya Mark,

I want to say first of all thank you so much for your work. Your storytelling over the years has thrilled and inspired me. JLA’s Synchronicity storyline had me regaling my friends in the pub with the chaos theory for many a session.

One of my favorite runs of yours however is your run on Flash. What was it about Wally West that made you so connected with him and how did you feel when they finally brought Barry Allen back? Due to your run for the most part, Wally is my favourite character to carry the mantle of the Flash. You heightened an already terrific character. And due to your writing, Wally came out of the shadow of Barry and dare I say, surpassed him. That’s not an easy minefield to navigate!

Hope you’re doing well and stay safe.

1 Like

Hello, Mark!! First off, my favorite work of yours is Superman: Birthright!

Now, my question: What would you say Hollywood needs to do to bring Superman to film in a way that would please everyone? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey Mr. Waid! Superman: Birthright is one of my favorite Superman stories so I just wanted to thank you for that.

Of the Superman Rogues which are your top three favorites and why?

1 Like

Hello Mark! I can’t describe in words how much your run on the Flash, particularly Born to Run, means to me. It spoke to me in a way that no other comic ever has. My question is: which characters are the easiest and hardest for you to write?

2 Likes

Hi, Mark! Big fan. What is your favorite Superman story from the Mort Weisinger era and why?

1 Like

Hey Mark! Would you ever consider writing a Booster Gold story? And if you did, any idea what kind of story you’d wanna tell?

2 Likes