Live Q&A with Amy Smart, AKA Barbara Whitmore of STARGIRL! Monday, July 27th @1pm PT/4pm ET

Hello there Mrs. Smart! Hope that you and your family continue to stay well. Thank you also very much for your time and answering our questions. :superman_hv_4:

My question is, what was more fun to eat, Mike’s science fair project, or the banana split Barbara shared with Pat and how do we get those recipes to also make them?

6 Likes

Hi Amy :yum:
Your career has spanned most genres from comedy to science fiction after participating in your first show about superheroes from your perspective as an actor doing this show, what is your opinion about this genre, what do you find appealing and interesting about this wacky world of comic books now that you have experience it? :heart::v:

7 Likes

I just wanted to say that you are very great on Stargirl and I can’t wait for season 2. if you could choose one ArrowVerse show to crossover with who would it be.

5 Likes

Hi Ms. Smart I want to say thank you for taking the time to do this. My question is growing up did you have any favorite superheros and if you did who were they?
Thank you

4 Likes

Hi Amy,
I just want to ask how shooting this show has been and if you are having a fun time shooting it?

4 Likes

In season 2, do you think Barbara will be sort of a den mother to the young JSA? Especially Yolanda, with her heartbreaking family problems?

5 Likes

Hi Mrs Smart I hope your day was amazing. In season 2 will everyone move to California since blue valley doesn’t feel safe. Thanks you answering my question. Your character Barbara Whitmore is amazing it was awesome to see her recording the Maknets​:star_struck:

3 Likes

Do you think Barbara will become more involved with the JSA in the future? I love how she was so smart enough to record Icicle’s grandparents conversation and would love to see more of Barbara doing stuff like that with the JSA in the future.

4 Likes

Hello, Mrs Smart

My Question is

would you like to become an Hero on the JSA? or maybe someone that helps them Behind the scenes with the missons after what we saw in Brainwave Jr? in season two?

thanks for answering my question

5 Likes

Welcome to the DCU Community Amy!

Even though Barbara isn’t involved with the superhero action with Courtney and Pat, how important was portraying Barbara beyond simply the wife and mother of superheroes and giving Barbara her own wants, needs, and life outside of her role as a mother/wife?

6 Likes

Hello Amy!
I hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy during these crazy times! I have been a fan of yours ever since Just Friends. Thank you so much for providing us with some entertainment while we’re all stuck at home. Something that I really love about Stargirl is that it has these two families (Pat and Mike; Barbara and Courtney) who are evolving into this one loving family throughout the season. My question is, did you and the rest of the cast have any cool bonding moments on or off set that you would like to share?

5 Likes

Oh love these Q&As. Hello @AmySmart love you in the show and your performance is too notch. My question for you is: how did you prepare for the roll and how is it working with Luke Wilson as you two are the most seasoned actors/actress?

4 Likes

If you could play any DC Comics heroine who would you be and why?

6 Likes

Hi!:wave:t3: Is there anything at all you can tell us about season two? :grin:

6 Likes

Hello Amy Smart, I absolutely adore your character as Barbara Whitmore. I hope you have been doing well. My question for you is If you could do a crossover with any other CW Arrowverse shows what show would you choose?

6 Likes

So thank you so much for being a part of the show it’s amazing only thing I’m waiting on it to see how y’all handle the specter and Johnny Thunder but it’s awesome thank you so much. What’s your favorite moment from filming?

5 Likes

Crazy question… you’ve worked with Owen Wilson and now Luke Wilson. Which one did you enjoy working with more?

Btw my wife and I loved the movie Just Friends! (You were amazing!)

7 Likes

Hello

Thanks for taking the time to answer some Q&A. Love the show and all the charatcers that bring this show to life. The question i have to ask? We know how shocked Babara was about the whole hero thing. Is there something that Barbara’s Past or a Secret that she won’t tell Pat or Courtney? i mean Starman has passed away but then an email sent to her Father. Oh man this show is just getting better and better. Hope you are doing well and thanks for answering my question.

7 Likes

Omg I just saw this :open_mouth:, I’m so late lol
Hello Amy great job on Star girl I think you’ve played the oblivious mom to a tee :+1:.
My question is if you could have chosen any of the JSA members to be which one would you have chosen. Curious to know if your more of a Dr.mid-nite or more of a wildcat type of gal. Thanks :blush:

7 Likes

Hi Everyone! I’m happy to be here with you live and answering questions! XO Barb aka Amy

19 Likes