Live Q&A with Amy Smart, AKA Barbara Whitmore of STARGIRL! Monday, July 27th @1pm PT/4pm ET

:star_struck: :partying_face:
Welcome, Amy! Thank you so much for taking the time to hang out with us!

12 Likes

@TheRealAmySmart hello thank u for joining us!!!

9 Likes

Hi Amy, Welcome to DC Universe!:smiley:

9 Likes

I have a really fun scene with Tigress and Stargirl ! my very first action/stunt scene in Stargirl

12 Likes

Hi, @TheRealAmySmart AmySmart Iā€™m a really big fan of the show, and my little sister is too, Iā€™m not going to bombard you with questions, I just wanted to know what is been like being part of the DC Universe? My birthdays coming up really soon and Iā€™m hoping that thereā€™s going to be a new Stargirl poster with everyone from the show, if not, Iā€™m still going to get a poster of Stargirl, lol.

7 Likes

Thank you and Happy Birthday! I think once Barbara sees what powers Courtneyā€™s cosmic staff holds, she will appreciate it! and yes being a mom is a superhero in itself :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Wildcat! I love her powers of climbing buildings and always landing on her feet no matter how far she falls. I also love cats in general soā€¦

12 Likes

Thank you @TheRealAmySmart!!! :grin:

7 Likes

Thanks @TheRealAmySmart!

4:05pm 7/27/2020

7 Likes

Yeah I definitely had to dive deeper into Barbara and that was largely with the help of Geoff Johns who created this. He helped me understand her and what her role is in this show. She is really the grounding force and matriarch of the show.

15 Likes

Thank u the Beautiful @TheRealAmySmart

6 Likes

I think my favorite episode was the first episode because it was so much fun getting to know everyone and figuring out our family dynamics for the show and how we all relate to each other.

12 Likes

:smiley:Awesome! Thankyou so much for answering my question Amy, that means alot! Have a great week!

6 Likes

Love that you were able to work with Geoff Johns on character development!

7 Likes

Hi! reading the first episode was pretty amazing and larger then life as far as special effects etcā€¦ and now being apart of the show I love how big the scope of this show is and how many moving parts and characters and sets. It is so impressive and the caliber of all the behind the scenes people creating this is incredible. Its an honor to be apart of the DC Universe

15 Likes

Ha! well not exactly super villains but there were definitely bullies in my school.

15 Likes

funnel cake :slight_smile: cause it resembles donuts more, and I looooove a good classic glazed donut. and thank you, Iā€™m happy you are enjoying the show!

15 Likes

Thank you, @TheRealAmySmart. While I disagree with your choice, I totally dig you as an actor. Be safe!

10 Likes

good questionā€¦ Iā€™d like to see more of her relationship with Pat and also, maybe a superpower moment?

12 Likes

Hahaā€¦ you are taking it waaaay back. I actually donā€™t remember how I got the role, probably auditioned for it. My biggest memory was Paul Verhoeven jumping up and down next to the simulator we were ā€œflyingā€ and yelling out all the action that was happening that we were supposed to be seeing. he had so much energy and it was really fun!

13 Likes