Live Q&A with Amy Smart, AKA Barbara Whitmore of STARGIRL! Monday, July 27th @1pm PT/4pm ET

Live Q&A with Amy Smart, AKA Barbara Whitmore of STARGIRL! Monday, July 27th @1pm PT/4pm ET

QA_Smart_Facebook
Joining us to talk all things on and off-screen of Stargirl is Amy Smart, AKA Barbara Whitmore!
Amy brings us insights not only from her work on Stargirl, but also other incredible roles across film and TV land like Butterly Effect, Shameless, Justified, Robot Chicken, and much more! Now’s your chance to ask her about her work, as well as what it’s like being a part of the DC legacy.

Please limit to just 1 question; this way, everyone has a chance to get a response in the limited time we have :slight_smile: Thanks!

Add your questions in the comments below, and come back on Monday, July 27th at 1pm PT/4pm ET to read Amy’ answers LIVE!

14 Likes

Hi Ms. @AmySmart!

I would like to thank you for being a part of this awesome show and taking time to answer questions.
I hope that you and your family are safe and healthy.

On Stargirl, you are a kick butt mom.
I really think that Barbara is an awesome character.
And you do an awesome job portraying her.
What is your favorite offscreen memory?

12:24pm 7/23/2020

10 Likes

Hi Ms Amy Smart,

Hope you are doing well!!! You are absolutely amazing as Barbara Whitmore. :blush:

Do you think Barbara will ever warm up to Courtney’s cosmic staff, if so do you think that there is potential in the future for kind of a “superhero for a day” episode for Barbara (even though her being a mom is basically the same as her being a superhero tbh)? :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you in advance and since my birthday happens to be on July 26, I’m really excited because not many people can say that they got the chance to chat with Amy Smart the day after their birthday. Lol :raised_hands:

11 Likes

Hello thanks for stopping by by.

Your awesome on Stargirl. Can’t wait to see how things play out the rest of the season.

I’ll start with a fun question. If you could play any other DC character who would it be?

10 Likes

Hello Amy.
I’ve been a fan of yours forever. I was so happy when I saw u were cast for Barbara. Did u draw from anywhere outside of DC for your character? I just imagine you had to borrow a little from outside of the DCU. Due to the fact that in the comics they don’t really deep dive into your character like a Wildcat or a Stargirl etc. thank u for taking the time to hang with us. It means a lot, especially in these times.

9 Likes

Hello Amy,
I have to say you’re such a very talented actress, What was your favorite episode that you film?
Thankyou so much for your time, have a great week!:smiley:

9 Likes

Hello Ms. Smart!
Thank you for taking the time to chat with the fans! You are incredible on the show. What has been the most rewarding thing about joining the show and the DC Universe?

9 Likes

I can’t promise to live up to the interviewing prowess of the great Craig Ferguson, but here we go:

The fictional Blue Valley seems a far cry from your native Topanga Canyon, at least by reputation. Even so, I must ask: as a young person, did you ever suspect that your home town or Paliasades HS might be run by super villains?

9 Likes

Good afternoon Ms. Smart, and thank you so much for spending your time with us here today. I hope you are doing well during these crazy times.

I am really liking the inaugural season of Stargirl. Your representation of Barbara is a big part of that. She is a great character, and you’re doing a wonderful job of bringing her to life. I was glad to see her finally being exposed to that from which Pat and Courtney had been hiding/protecting her. I hope this new development will lead to more screen time with you and Luke Wilson. I am digging the chemistry between the two characters. It would be awesome to see Barbara clandestinely working with the team against Jordan.

On a lighter note, my question; Do you prefer biscuits or funnel cake?

Thanks again for your time, Ms. Smart, and keep up the tremendous work. :grin:

10 Likes

Welcome Ms. Smart. :grin:

6 Likes

Hi Amy thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. My question for you is where would you like to see your characters arc go in the next season?

7 Likes

Hi Amy,
Thanks for being here. I’m really enjoying the first season of Stargirl, great acting, writing and production value. I’m very happy to hear it has been renewed for a season 2.
But I have to ask about your role as Pilot Cadet Stack Lumbresier on Starship Troopers. It was only a small part but that is such a cult movie, I have to ask how did that role come about and what were your memories from that particular movie. Thanks!

7 Likes

Hi Amy!
Big fan! My question is who is better = Luke Wilson or Ryan Reynolds?

Thank you!
Andrew

7 Likes

Hello Ms. Amy Smart; I hope you, your family, and everyone are doing super. Of all your amazing performances, your Barbara Whitmore is my favorite. And is one of the many reasons that make Stargirl my new favorite show. While your character is one of the only main non-super characters, you still make Barbara a superhero in her own important ways. How did you, along with the great cast and crew, accomplish this? Congratulations on the renewal for season two; you all deserve it! @TheRealAmySmart thanks so much for doing this Q+A!

8 Likes

Hello Ms. Amy Smart,

I was just curious and I wanted to ask you this, What is your favorite DC Show besides Stargirl?

7 Likes

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to answering fan questions. Last episode with you finding out the truth about your daughter’s secret a big moment for your character. Without giving any spoilers away for the remainder of this season, what is the one word to describe the ending for season 1?

7 Likes

Hello Amy!
First of all, thank you for doing this Q & A. And welcome to the DC Universe!
Absolutely loving the show! I’ve been a long time fan of DC comics and to see the legacy in effect on this show is amazing. My question is:
What was your first experience with comic books or is this show your first dip in the pool of the 4 color world?

P.S. One of my favorite movies is Outside Providence. It is such a great period piece! I was living in Japan from 2000 to 2004 when i first bonded with my best friend while watching the movie! Thanks for the memories…
Stay safe and many continued blessings!
Rick S.

7 Likes

Hi Amy, thank you so much for taking the time to answer fans questions we all really appreciate it. My question for you is when you signed on to be a part of the show did you know anything about Stargirl and if not did you do any research on who the character was?
Also, just wanted to say that I loved you in the movie Rat Race I thought you were hilarious in that and that is one of my all time favorite movies.
Thank you again for doing this Q&A.

6 Likes

Thanks for being here! Love the show!
Your character was with Starman (presumably) and ended up married to his sidekick, Stripesy. In real life, would you see yourself more compatible with the Hero or the Sidekick… or would you just forget either one and become the Hero yourself?

5 Likes

How many comic conventions have you been to and what would you dress as to be able to walk the floor unnoticed?

5 Likes