Live Q&A w/ Sean Murphy, Comic Creator of BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT, & More, Tues 4/21 @5pm PT/8pm ET!

Hey!

I’m not really sure I’m looking to write in canon. I mean, I can do mostly what I want in my own universe, so why would I want to complicate things by having my work line up with other titles? :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hey!

Yes, Harley was always a top priority i the series. I knew I wanted her to be the “White Knight” in the end. The person who orchestrated most of the plot.

9 Likes

Hello! Yes and yes. Thanks for the easy question!

9 Likes

I am here to serve!

4 Likes

You are definitely right about that Sean now that I think about that. :grin: The mainstream can’t handle your awesome ideas.

2 Likes

Thank you! I redesigned the Year One custom for her, which was tough because I wasn’t into the blue and gray. My preferred suit is this one in WHite Knight. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hello! And thank you!

1. The TAS stuff was my bible.
  2. I needed a reason for Joker to have captured him. And, surprisingly, I didn’t see anyone use the “who is Batman REALLY” angle, which surprised me! Finally a new idea that hadn’t been used already. :slight_smile:
7 Likes

Haha thanks! I mean, I’d be honored to write the mainline. But then I couldn’t kill all those characters without getting permission. It’s just much easier on me to go it alone. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’m hoping to start early next year. I have a crowdfunding book I’ll launch soon, and OGN. So stay tuned!

10 Likes

Is there any character that you could do a out of canon story with that you’d love to do?

2 Likes

Thanks for the response! Great work so far and can’t wait to see where things go!!

1 Like

Hey err’one! Sean had to head out to record the podcast, but thank you all again for your questions! If you’re looking to revisit White Knight or check it out for the first time, you can find the issues here:

And be sure to discuss your thoughts in the book club, here:

Until next time! :bat:

6 Likes

If there is time and is allowed, one goofy question… Was the “real Harley” part of issue #1 a dig at the suicide squad Harley?

2 Likes

Thanks again for putting this on. Sean is amazing!

3 Likes

No kidding! Hopefully we can get him back in here to discuss his next project in the future. Stay tuned :blush:

5 Likes

That would be EPIC!!! Can’t wait…

1 Like

Awesome thanks for answering.

Yeah it think he looks better with more red. And nothings wrong with an extra pouch for stuff.

1 Like

Oh my granny goodness! I missed it. You are Fantabulous! I enjoy your work so much! Thank You! Have a Super Day Sean!

2 Likes