Live Q&A w/ Sam Witwer, Actor & Game Master of DCU All Star Games, Fri 3/20 @6:30pm PST!

What would you say the most important quality is in a GM?
How would you suggest finding a group to play tabletop games?

Most important quality, flexibility. You must give your players the ability to de-rail some things. … Then you must also be firm on consequences. … You must be like Mills Lane. Fair, but firm.

And good players are pretty obvious. If anyone makes you feel stupid at the table, don’t game with them.

8 Likes

Do you and Freddie get together and play games like this often? How’d you guys come up with there pitch to play this 80s DC roleplaying game?

Jon Lee Brody found a sealed DC Heroes Box set. He texted us and was like, “Do I buy it?” We’re like “Hell yes!” then I think Freddie figured, “We should probably play it.” And then I came up with a story. Kinda that simple!

Freddie and I have played together before. He’s seriously great to game with. Ideal player. … Jon? His Karate is a joke. His teacher’s a joke. I own him! he’s NOTHING! I OWN HIM!

10 Likes

is there a video or just you typing

If there was a video of me typing just now you’d see me fighting off a crying, whining pitbull who’s dying for affection. This is getting ridiculous.

10 Likes

I really enjoy the Star Wars game you did with Freddie, Vanessa, Mary Elizabeth, Taylor and Steve on GEGGHEAD

2 Likes

How cool would it have been for you and Meaghan Rath to guest star on Supergirl at the same time?

2 Likes

I really enjoy the Star Wars game you did with Freddie, Vanessa, Mary Elizabeth, Taylor and Steve on GEGGHEAD

The best thing about that was how many people had never played an RPG.

5 Likes

Snuggle the doggo. Priorities!

3 Likes

When you ever work on other projects like films or shows do you try to convince some of your fellow castmates who you befriend, but have never played a tabletop rpg to come and play with you and get them interested in playing some table top RPGs or do you find it hard teaching new people how go play or get invloved in the stories you gm?

I don’t actually rope too many people into this. I kinda have my private group. When, occasionally, we have a new player I try to limit it to one with the other players helping me make it as fun as possible for that new player.

6 Likes

Hi Sam, had something of a strange question, but I do the Mixtape Monday threads on here in which people suggest theme songs or playlists for different DC characters, so I’m curious what your song picks might be for either the 3 DC characters revealed in tonight’s episode, or the original 4 high school characters we started with? No need for specific songs if you’d rather choose an overall music genre for them (I’m not picky, I promise, lol).

Thanks for sharing this fantastic show with us as well. I’m having a blast watching it from week to week. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Sam love you and all your scfi endeavors! What piques your interest in the projects you choose to pursue? ALSO WHAT’S YOUR SECRET YOU DONT AGE BROTHER?

3 Likes

Sounds like you and Freddie have played together before. Did any of the others have prior RPG experience?

Yes. Everyone had played before.

In GEGGWARS, however, MANY people had never played before.

GEGGWARS was supposed to be a one-time, one-session thing… But the new players enjoyed it, so we kept going. GEGGWARS was Vanessa’s first time. She’s a natural.

7 Likes

I just wanted to thank you for GM-ing this. I’m enjoying it a lot!

Why thank you!

8 Likes

Hi, Sam. If you were given a larger budget, how would you update DC All Stars?

I’ll be honest, they did a FANTASTIC job upping our production quality. Sound effects and music and such. They edited it well, and cut together something I’m proud of.

If I were to up the ante, I want more supersuits! I mean, having Keaton’s Batman Returns costume on display behind us was cool, but… now… all I want is more. All I want is ALL.

11 Likes

Hey Sam,
if Mr. Freeze shows up, are you going to do your Arnold impression?

There is no other way to portray Mister Freeze than to do my Arnold impression.

8 Likes

It’s great seeing how much everyone is enjoying themselves (although Clare might be having a bit too much fun with that bullwhip!) Thanks for doing the show, and for joining us for this!

7 Likes

Dude I literally just proposed the same idea in the reaction thread to episode 4, if the character names were clues, In Batman #20 by Tom King, Bruce Wayne’s middle name is also Thomas, I believe it was the 1st time he actually had his middle name revealed & I also asked if Carl could be a hint to Clark Kent? Good catch btw!

6 Likes

Hey.
You were awesome as agent liberty. And I’ve been really enjoying All Star Games.
But as I’ve been watching the show I always think what if this awesome story so far was turned into a movie of some sort (animated or live action).
Would you like to see this story become a movie of sorts?

I shall be honest, this story would make a great DC animated feature. … And I happen to know a few voice actors.

12 Likes

If the name wasnt hint enough, the fact that hes a do gooder dweeb should also be a hint :eyes:

6 Likes

Lol
Awesome
Thanks for answering.

3 Likes

It’s great seeing how much everyone is enjoying themselves (although Clare might be having a bit too much fun with that bullwhip!) Thanks for doing the show, and for joining us for this!

Clare is a maniac. Awesome to have her at the table.

9 Likes