🎶 Mixtape Monday: Meta Madhouse Music - Lex Luthor Masterminds 🎶

Going to split this up into separate responses, but will finish tomorrow! :slight_smile:

@UnLagunas - Ohh, that choice for Ozymandias… I actually re-watched Watchmen the night before last, so I had him in mind, and you really hit it out the park this week. “Lacrimosa’s” packs a punch when thinking about what Ozy’s capable of and what, of that available capability, he actually does with his power, along with how it fits so well with Watchmen, in general. You’re also making me realize what I’m missing out on in never having seen Westworld - that must change, apparently, because that song’s beautiful!

Very nice choice with “Be Prepared,” and quite the multilayered approach when one considers how familial ties play into both situations. I like where your mind went there! :hushed: “Weird Science” surprised me, but after going back for a refresher on his encyclopedia page, I definitely see where you’re coming from with that. I concur! Likewise, Lady Shiva’s choice is a perfect fit for her, too, mixing well with her not only being such a skilled martial artist, but a skilled assassin, as well. But, then to end with Sherlock? Clearly, there’s no leaving the best for last with your list of songs - they’re all superb! Thank you for sharing so many! :slight_smile:

@Reaganfan78, aww, like I said during the Q&A last night, everyone knows I’m far from picky. :wink: Still, judging by everyone’s taste in music, be it 10% or 90%, it wouldn’t have much of an effect on the community’s choices anyway. They’ll be just as good as they’ve always been! :heart:

Speaking of which, what’s going on with the Disney mentions for this week’s theme? And I say that, not as a complaint, but quite happily. Oddly enough, a few of my relatives were saying earlier this week that someone needs to go around playing tunes like that to lift people’s spirits (actually, we were listening to “Under the Sea” when discussing it), and then I come on here, and hello Lion King, Mulan, and the like! I really do love it when we’re so heavily traveling the same mental wavelength. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: No worries about Darkseid, though, you more than make up for it with this week’s choices! I’m sorry if that’s why you had trouble with it, either way - hopefully the 10% allowance makes things easier!

I’ll be finishing up with responses tomorrow, but wanted to ask if, since we’re dealing with villains, and while @UnLagunas chose a fellow villain, Scar’s, song while some of what you chose were songs that didn’t apply to villains in the movies they’re from, did you have trouble finding a way to connect them to your chosen characters, or were they pretty easy decisions?

2 Likes