Live Q&A w/ Mariko Tamaki, writer of NEW SUPER-MAN, HARLEY QUINN: BREAKING GLASS, & More! Thurs, 4/9 @ 3:00pm PT/6:00pm ET

Thank YOU for having me!

5 Likes

WHAT?!!
That is not cool.
I mean I would say you should go buy it at your local comic book store, but I feel like it should be here too? I actually only have like 4 copies left myself.

6 Likes

Forgiveness, we are going to investigate ASAP :sweat:

8 Likes

Thanks for being a part of DCU and reading comics!

4 Likes

Of course! I have to say, I know people are personalizing their avatars but the original bat avatar is so cool looking. I think I’m going to keep it.

4 Likes

Oh man I’m so excited! May I ask if she’s a Kory/Grayson child or if that’s a stay-tuned answer…? Thank you so much for answering, and providing the needed lgbt content.

4 Likes

:grin: :wave:

2 Likes

Mariko, you’ve mentioned a few arcs and characters you enjoyed recently, but what are some of your all-time favorite DC stories or series? And how’d you get into DC in the first place?

PS: Love Lumberjanes!

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

2 Likes

I mean…

2 Likes

Ha yeah they would definitely drive her crazy. Definitely saw her with more Bat oriented characters and maybe Wonder Woman. Could see her being a huge fan or her and looking into her and all the other Greek myths included with her.

Thanks for answering

2 Likes

HAHA! You can always ask!
She’s a kid of Starfire and she hates pretty much everyone is what I would say.
Draw your own conclusions :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The angst, I feel it already.

5 Likes

Haha love it! Thanks again!

2 Likes

Who doesn’t love the Lumberjanes?
They rule.

My favorite all time DC stories?
There’s quite a few.
I love Tom King’s stuff. I love Mister Miracle and it makes me very sad but I loved Heroes in Crisis.
I’m loving the DC YA stuff. I loved Dear Justice League and Raven.
I loved Shade the Changing Girl.

I came to DC because these two editors, Paul Kaminski and Andrew Marino came to me and asked me if I would write a Supergirl story. Which. You know. Pretty amazing. Closest to a Cinderella story as I have ever experienced :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Since you suggested this question on your blog…

What do you wish you had for breakfast this morning?

3 Likes

YAH. Right? But imagine if your mom was Starfire? Like yes your mom has no issue with you having pink hair but she’s basically always in something that looks like a bikini.

5 Likes

I WISH I had a full on diner breakfast with bacon and egg and those little shriveled pieces of white bread toast they give you. Watery black coffee. BUT. I’m sheltering at home so I had my own watery coffee and toast instead.

I hope you had better coffee than me if you have coffee.

5 Likes

Yes! I’m in continuity so it will continue on that storyline.

4 Likes

:laughing: Yeah that’s comics costumes for you! As a female fan of female superheroes sometimes it’s quite a display and it makes you uncomfortable, and maybe that’s another reason why Batwoman is my favorite character, she never seems to be overly sexualized like some other women. But as far as Starfire, I think her depiction on the TV series Titans here on DCU is really cool, have you checked it out?

1 Like