Live Q&A w/ John Wesley Shipp, AKA Barry Allen of THE FLASH (1990) & CW COIE, Fri, 5/29 @3pm PT/6pm ET!

Hello Mr Shipp

First of all, I’d like to thank you for your fantastic work over the years. My brothers and I are all huge fans of yours, and we’re very grateful for everything you’ve done. My question is: do you ever plan on returning to play Jay Garrick again, either on Flash or Stargirl? If you can’t talk about this yet, it’s all good. I just figured it was worth a shot.

4 Likes

Mr. Shipp
Thank you for taking the time to answer some of the questions posted in this forum, mine is a bit of a 2-parter; Have you seen Ezra Miller’s performance as The Flash, and if so, what did you think?

2 Likes

First of all Mr. Shipp thanks for bringing the first live action Flash to the silver screen. It was the first time being introduced to the Flash when I was growing up. I would like to ask how did it feel to dawn the Flash suit again? Also I would like to say thank you for playing Jay Garrick best casting news I heard when they announced it.

2 Likes

We just finished the late night watch along with each and every episode of The Flash. We had a blast revisiting this great series. I have one 2 part question: What was your favorite story from the series and where would you have liked to take that story in future seasons?

Also, I want to second the sentiments of how much we appreciate you returning to the roles/new series. Some actors refuse to go back into the roles that they played before and it is a disservice to the fans. Please know how important it is to the fandom when you return, because it gives so much merit to you and the fans both, if that makes any sense…

3 Likes

In the two series in which you’ve played The Flash, his father, or alternate incarnations, who was your favorite person to act alongside and why is it Mark Hamill?

2 Likes

Hey Mr. shipp hope you are staying safe and healthy

3 Likes

Hello Mr. Shipp. My question is: What was your reaction when you found out that Crisis would finally give your character a proper ending after all these years?

3 Likes

@zachattack52 welcome to the community. Enjoy the service.

2 Likes

I love your Flash and thanks to the show being on DC Universe, I have already seen the entire series twice. I don’t even know how many times I’ve watched Dawson’s Creek :sweat_smile:

Before the CW’s Flash, you revisited the Speedster world in an episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold where you played the villain, Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash. Is voice acting something we might see you do more of?

2 Likes

John, thanks for joining us! With so many of the principals from the 90’s Flash joining you in The Arrowverse, is there anyone we haven’t seen yet that you would like to see return?

1 Like

Hello there Mr. Shipp. Did they have to change the outfit for the Crisis on Infinite Earths or is it the original Flash costume?

2 Likes

Hey John! Thanks for stopping by and answering some of the communities questions! My question is what have been your favorite shenanigans that happen behind the scenes on the Flash series of the 90’s, the currently airing Flash show, or actually any other non-DC properties you’ve starred in?

Bonus question: Any favorite Flash Facts for the audience :flash_hv_5:?

1 Like

I can imagine the Jay Garrick costume is much comfier to wear, but what was it like putting on your old Flash suit again?

1 Like

I just wanted you to know my favorite CB tv show of all time is The Flash 1990, my question is how does it feel to have played a character that people still love and connect to even 30 years after the show aired?

2 Likes

Hi John, I love your performance as Barry Allen/Flash on both the 1990’s Show and in the Arrowverse. My question is, how did it feel to return to the role of the Flash for both Elseworlds and Crisis On Infinite Earths?

2 Likes

Personally, I was a big fan of the Nightshade episodes, especially the first one “The Ghost in the Machine”.

4 Likes

Prolly too late for my question (damn i never get notifications anymore)

I was wondering if you ever read any comic books and if you have a favorite comic story for Flash (or any other hero in general)

1 Like

Hello John! I don’t know if you remember me from Laredo, Texas…This is Rick S. and I moderated your panel, where I was literally tongue tied to be speaking with you. Thank you so much for coming down! My question is now that you have been in the 90s Flash, the Arrowverse Flash, and even Zoom on Brave and the Bold animated series, what makes The Flash so unique in terms of legacy for you?

3 Likes

Mister ship thank you for signing up to be on the flash CW series. frankly was genius on their part to take the flash of the 90s and bring them on the series. I personally own a DVD collection of your series The flash.

Can you let us know if there are any plans to bring you back on CW from some other dimension or from the speed force itself? I would love to see a spin-off series where you mentor the current kid flash, or perhaps have you show up on Stargirl as part of the old JSA.

If not what’s next if anything in the next year?

2 Likes

Hi, John!
You’ve gotten to play every speedster from Barry to Thawne. But if you could play a superhero from a different corner of DC, who would you pick?

Thanks for stopping by!

1 Like