Live Q&A w/ John Wesley Shipp, AKA Barry Allen of THE FLASH (1990) & CW COIE, Fri, 5/29 @3pm PT/6pm ET!

John Wesley met you in Boston area and you are the sweetest guy. Did you ever hesitate at all to bring back your version of Flash?

6 Likes

Hello Thanks for stopping by.

What was it like when you heard you were going to be in a new flash show?Did you think you would have become a speedster in it?

5 Likes

Hi John Wesley Shipp!! If The Flash 90’s had a season 2 what Villains would have you liked to see.

4 Likes

Several years ago, in Atlanta, GA I mentioned to my trainer, Mark Miller(could be a different last name) how much I enjoyed the Flash. He claimed he is the one that got you in shape for the show. I thought he was pulling my leg but the next day he showed me a picture the two of you together. But I alsohave a picture of him on a popsicle stick in the hand of a giant. So I was wondering if it is true?

4 Likes

Hello Mr Shipp, glad to see you here on DC Universe. My question would have to be who is your favorite speedster?

4 Likes

Hi, John! If Earth-90 got rebooted and is still out there in the Multiverse, would you be willing to don the suit once more so that Earth-90 Flash could experience a REBIRTH in honor of the series’ 30th Anniversary?

3 Likes

Hello!!! First I want to say thank you for always doing such a great job playing my favorite hero!!! My questions is which show do you feel was more physically challenging… your original show in the 90’s or the Flash show that is currently airing? It seems like with the limits in technology back in the 90’s, you must have done more action scenes (and running) than what performers do now. Also thank you for coming back and filming the scene in Crisis where you run on the treadmill. It was beyond incredible!!!

3 Likes

HI,
Your acting on the CW Flash was amazing you made our family fell the love between you and Barry. Your relationship on the show brought me my Dad closer. Then your work as Earth 3 Flash was great you filled the suit out well. Have you been talking or thinking about a JSA show with anybody say for like Stargirl or even your own show or are you done with all FLash related acting?

4 Likes

Hi! Thanks for being here for the Q&A! I love your Flash TV series and also your characters from the CW Flash series (especially season one!).
One of the reasons that I love superheroes is because of the numerous ways in which they provide inspiration. If you could have fans learn only one thing from your representation of the Flash, what would it be? :flash_hv_1:

3 Likes

Hello Mr. Shipp!

The question I would to ask is: Do you think we will (hopefully) get a HD remaster of the 90s Flash show?

Thank you for your time. Keep riding the lightning.

5 Likes

Asking for my friend Julie.
‘‘Right before Earth 90 Barry sacrificed himself in the heartbreaking Crisis scene, he managed to tell Earth 1 Barry to ‘Keep riding the lightning’ in a hurry. But if they had extra time to talk, what do you think woud’ve been the most important lesson Earth 90 Barry would’ve told his counterpart from what he learned in his long life as a speedster?
From Julie (Canada)’’

2 Likes

Hopefully with cast commentary and behind-the-scenes extras like THIS! https://youtu.be/kRbuaH_PXug

4 Likes

Hey John. I don’t have a question, just wanted to let you know that your version of The Flash was my first real exposure to superheroes as a kid and started a life long love of anything DC. Was super happy when you came back for the current Flash show which I love as well. Hope all is well!

3 Likes

Hope all is well for you and your family, Mr. Shipp. My middle brother and I were huge fans of the Flash show as kids. Thank you for being a part of growing up in our house. Any chance we get a Blu Ray release of the tv series (with some retrospective content)? Thank you for your time and take care!

2 Likes

Mr. Shipp First thank you for playing not one but 2 of my favorite characters in DC Universe and bringing joy to watching you in these roles
my question is, What has it been like playing the flash and Jay garrick?

3 Likes

Mr Shipp I was so excited when the Flash first came to television as I was just getting into comic books and to see one in live action on tv was so cool. My dad and I used to watch the show together and I was upset when it ended.
I enjoy that the writers of the current Flash show obviously love what came before with your casting as well as Amanda Pays playing Tina McGee at Mercury Labs. I don’t believe they had a scene between you two on the new show so how would you think it would go if your Henry Allen or Jay Garrick met Tina on the new show? What would you say as a wink to the fans?

2 Likes

Hi Mr. Shipp, big fan. I still remember as a kid seeing the premiere of the Flash and knowing this was the best show in history of television. It never got its series finale it deserved in my opinion. Had that happened what would you think would have been the best season finale for The Flash? Thank you for your time!

3 Likes

Hi Mr Shipp,

Between the two flash suits that you have worn (90s flash and Jay Garrick), were there certain elements/aspects of one suit that you preferred over the other? And are there any elements or themes between the 1990’s tv series and the current one that you feel are consistent and/or still relevant today? :zap:

4 Likes

Hi Mr. Shipp,

I was curious which character you enjoyed playing the most on the CW’s Flash: Barry’s father, Jay Garrick, or 90s Barry Allen again?

You were great in every role, but personally, I thought you were absolutely perfect for Jay Garrick’s Flash; that suit and helmet just seemed like they were meant for you.

4 Likes

Hey John! Was curious if you would be interested in starring in a show featuring the JSA? Or possibly a cameo appearance on Stargirl?

4 Likes