Live Q&A w/ Derek Mears (Swamp Thing) & Henderson Wade (Matt Cable) of SWAMP THING! Wednesday 10/30 11:30am-12:30pm PST!

Justinprovost1984.99684 thanks for showing that awesome poster.

1 Like

What would you like to see in the show if Season 2 happened?

1 Like

Becuse swamp thing is canceld do you think they could get Derek Mears for a JLD show???

3 Likes

I have to thank you guys and DC Universe for converting a definitely non-horror guy to a fan in one season! Iā€™ve seen some of your earlier projects on TV and was very happy with the casting choices.

@HendersonWade - Iā€™ve watched you in other ā€œlawā€ shows and you always convince me that you are that character; what characters that you have played in the past influenced your fantastic work on Swamp Thing?

@DerekMears - Was there any collaboration between you and Andy Bean in regards to your characters? Where does Swamp Thing fit in your list of characters that you have played before? Very, Very impressed by your performance!

Great performances by both of you gentleman as well as the entire production.

ā€¦after you get me to like a horror show you go and cancel it! Sheesh!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, are you ready for me to embarrass myself?

18 Likes

Hey everybody, Henderson Wade here with Derek Mears! Cannot wait to answer any and all of your questions about Swamp Thing.

17 Likes

Hi @DerekMears and @HendersonWade Quick question, when you were playing swamp thing did the costume get uncomfortable, who wrote your favorite run on Swamp Thing, and if season 2 does get reissued will you have a John Constantine crossover, if not, you should.
Thanks!

Well, he believes that he is still Alec, but then that whole existential realization that heā€™s not - thatā€™s the mind blowing frosting to the Swamp Thing cake.

13 Likes

Thanks for the support, I loved making this show. I know that there were different endings for Matt prior to us getting the news on the showā€™s fate, Iā€™m not sure if there was ever intentions to go as far as him becoming a raven; but I know that there were some very big plansā€¦

12 Likes

Please tell us there is a chance of a season 2. The work done, amazing sets and great storyline cannot possibly end with a single season. Best Swamp Thing Ever!!!

2 Likes

Henderson and Derek if they decided to do a 2nd season would you guys jump in to do it??
and do you know why it was canceled?

2 Likes

The suit wasnā€™t abundantly heavy- itā€™s kind of in the sense of being a lifeguard, and showing up to work and complaining that you got wet. But honestly, itā€™s the best thing that Iā€™ve ever worn, and hats off to Fractured FX who worked tirelessly on the suit for their art and TLC.

12 Likes

Guys, I just want to say thanks for a great show. Iā€™m going to accept that itā€™s gone, because those magnificent sets are gone and no one is going to pay to rebuild them from scratch. Iā€™d love to see either of you as Matt or Swampy again if Sandman or JL Dark ever happens. Best of luck to you both!

5 Likes

I have a great story about a little time, with one director that we had he did a lot of breathwork with, very meditative, and spiritual. I remember at one point weā€™re doing this breathwork, and I look over and Derek is doing high kicks, but in full Swamp Thing gear- so Iā€™m literally watching Swamp Thing doing martial arts so you know it must be comfortable.

16 Likes

I was aware that Matt was responsible for Alecā€™s death. I had that bombshell dropped on me when I first met with Marc Verhoeven upon arriving in Wilmington, and I was told not to tell anybody else in the cast. So when we finally got to shoot that episode, nobody would talk to me on set because I all of a sudden became the villain who knew something that everybody else didnā€™t.

11 Likes

Was there any scene that was particularly difficult to film?

1 Like

Iā€™m not really sure I remember what my longest day is, but offhand I think Iā€™m going to say at 18-hour day. It just kind of blurred together because I was on the show for 8 months. And after awhile like a monkey in the cage- I wait for the bell to go off, I go out do my trick, and come back, the cage closes, I get a treat and I wait for the bell to go off again. :laughing::monkey::bell:

13 Likes

@DerekMears
Just had to say thank you again, you brought my favorite character to life and did an amazing job. Did you read the anatomy lesson issue of swamp thing before filming?

2 Likes

Working with Will was an honor. Heā€™s a tour-de-force onset, and and is a master class in acting to work with. I tried to pick up as many little tricks as I could and hopefully youā€™ll see a few of those and some of the stuff I have coming up. But yeah, well it was a trip. Watching him and Virginia was amazing. They would bring things off the page.

10 Likes

Hey Derek is there any way that matt died but could be brought back as a crow or somthing by the phantom Stranger?

3 Likes