Live Q&A w/ Derek Mears (Swamp Thing) & Henderson Wade (Matt Cable) of SWAMP THING! Wednesday 10/30 11:30am-12:30pm PST!

The show was amazing! How hard was it to act in that suit, Derek? You did an amazing job of conveying a whole range of emotions even through the mask! Here’s hoping for season two!

5 Likes

@wade would you have liked to character alive for a season if there was? also did you read up on Swampthing before taking the role? You both will be missed for this show was excellent. I’m hopeful for at least a spin off! Possibly a Constantine or Blue devil, so many characters for Dark Justice!

3 Likes

Did ya’ll get to read any potential scripts and/or ideas for a season 2? Was there ever a mention of adding Animal Man?

2 Likes

Can you please Please bring the Show back that why I got DC app

10 Likes

Best characterization of Swamp Thing that we’ll ever see. The physical costume just looked so great, and the movements and emotions were all so raw and powerful. I still and will probably forever miss it.

6 Likes

Question for Henderson:

Have you had any family members in law enforcement? Also, did you do anything specific in order to prepare for your role as a police officer?

I loved both of your characters and had a great time watching each week. It’s cool you’re doing a Q&A like this. Thanks for helping create such a wonderful show!

2 Likes

@Derek Mears
I got to meet you at Terrificon back in August and it was awesome! You’re wicked cool and a joy to be around. I asked you some stuff there but for the Q&A I’d like to know what drew you to the project!

@Henderson Wade
If you were approached for the Sandman series would you consider reprising your role as Matt?

4 Likes

I wanted to say you both did fantastic jobs playing Swamp Thing, and Cable. My question for both of you is how challenging was filming this series in a rather inhospitable environment? When water is involved it always takes the difficulty of filming to 11. Derek what was it like wearing the monster suit? Mr Wade, you spent a lot of time in the swamp, how fun was that for you?

I had the pleasure of meeting you Derek a number of years ago in Gettysburg. You’re still one of my favorite celebrity meetings.

1 Like

Loved the show. Very close to the original and yet hold its own with originality wish we could get to see blue devil more and rest of the story unfold as well as justice league dark! Thanks for bringing one of my all time favorite heroes to life fantastic job!

2 Likes

Is there ANY chance they’ll reconsider, and give us a season 2? The show is amazing! Also, any rumors ref a Blue Devil spin-off?

1 Like

For Derek Mears:

How did you approach finding the movement style for Swamp Thing. How much was it influenced by your fellow coworkers?

Also: how did you get the facial expressions to work with the Swamp Thing suit?

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions, and have a nice day :smiley:

3 Likes

@Derek Mears Was the suit water proof? Did parts have to be reapplied after any scenes in water?

3 Likes

Thank you both for donating your time! Just a few quick questions:

Did you guys read a lot of old Swamp Thing comics in preparation for the role and if so, which runs were your favorites?

What was it like being part of one of the inaugural shows of the DC Universe streaming service and do you look forward to any other projects with DC or WB?

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Question to both; what is your favorite thing about the character you play both from the comics/live action show?

2 Likes

Hi, Derek/Henderson
Quick question, when you were playing swamp thing did the costume get uncomfortable, who wrote your favorite run on Swamp Thing, and if season 2 does get reissued will you have a John Constantine crossover, if not, you should.
Thanks!

How was it wearing that costume?

1 Like

Oh hai everyone! We’re so excited to get started with you here soon- stay tuned to welcome our special guests!

3 Likes

So give us the scoop Henderson…did Matt survive that cliffhanger stinger?

1 Like

good question

1 Like