Live Q&A w/ Derek Mears (Swamp Thing) & Henderson Wade (Matt Cable) of SWAMP THING! Wednesday 10/30 11:30am-12:30pm PST!

[Join us for LIVE Q&A with Swamp Thing Stars Derek Mears (Swamp Thing) & Henderson Wade (Matt Cable) Wednesday, October 30th @11:30am PST!]
Proof!

(Live Q&A w/ Derek Mears (Swamp Thing) & Henderson Wade (Matt Cable) of SWAMP THING! Wednesday 10/30 11:30am-12:30pm PST!)

Just in time for Halloween! :ghost::jack_o_lantern::crystal_ball:
Starting Wednesday, October 30th at 11:30am PST, we’ll be hosting a live Q&A with Derek Mears (Swamp Thing) and Henderson Wade (Matt Cable) of the cult DC Universe show Swamp Thing! They’ll be joining us LIVE for one hour from their verified accounts to answer YOUR questions about what it was like to work on Swamp Thing, their start as actors, and what they’re working on next! We’re so excited to dive into the behind-the-scenes of the production that created the beautiful world of this beloved horror series.

Be sure to add your questions in the comments below, and come back here at 11:30am PST Wednesday to find out the answers!

Please note that Derek & Henderson are here as our guests, and do not have information regarding Swamp Thing’s cancellation. Please be respectful of their time and keep your questions focused on their craft and their experiences. Thank you!

16 Likes

First of all, I just want to thank you for lending your time :slight_smile: .

@Derek Mears - In the episode The Anatomy Lesson when it is revealed what happened to Alec, did you consider Alec and Swamp Thing as two separate characters or did you feel like Swamp Thing was still Alec?

@Henderson Wade - I loved Matt! Was Matt’s fate at Woodrue’s hand always planned and was there any chance Matt possibly would have been revived as a raven like in the Sandman comics?

Did y’all know/are able to share anything regarding where the story might have gone had the show continued?

11 Likes

There were many great horror moments in the show. I especially liked Swamp Thing saving Susie in episode 2.
Were any horror scenes held back or cut for time?

8 Likes

Thank you both for your wonderful work on the show!

@Derek Mears - How comfortable was the ‘Swamp Thing’ suit? Did it weight a lot? Did you try on any prototypes before the final version?

@Henderson Wade - Did you know about your characters involvement with Alec’s death prior to the reveal in episode 6 or did your jaw drop like the rest of us when it was revealed in the episode/script?

Thank you both for your time :green_heart:

7 Likes

I love the show guys. I could complain about how the higher ups handled the situation ( i’ve done plenty of that here in the community discourse) but instead I would like to thank you two for one terrific season.
Question #1. Derek, I believe your Swamp Thing is hands down the best representation of the character so far. What’s the longest you had to stay in character under the suit and make-up?
Question #2. Henderson, First bit of work i’ve Seen from you, I thought you done well. What was it like to work with a veteran like Will Patton? He is an excellent actor, did you learn anything from him that you can take with you to your next job?

7 Likes

I would like to first say welcome, I personally appreciate you taking your time to speak with us. You guys are arguably apart of one of the best shows conceptually in one of the most difficult genres of film and television. What personally (acting training, self experiences) did you pull from to develop your characters for this type of job (horror, Southern geechi, high humidity, etc)?

6 Likes

Thank you both for donating your time to connect with some fans! I’m a huge fan of the show.

Derek, what was it like wearing the Swamp Thing suit compared to other suits you’ve worn (such as Predator or Jason)? You completely nailed the “badass Swamp” walk. Was it difficult to maneuver while fully dressed? Thanks again and you absolutely embodied Swampy greater than I ever could have imagined anyone could.

Henderson, you did a great rendition of Matt Cable! When you were getting into character, did you use some other character as a source of inspiration for who Matt is? Or did you solely create your version of Matt based on the source comics? You really brought him to life and were always a great character to have on screen.

Thank you both!

6 Likes

Your show was fantastic, I loved Swamp thing!

Did you read any Swamp Thing comics or anything before the show?

3 Likes

You were both awesome in the show. It was the best part of my summer.

@Derek Mears
Swamp Thing has his wide range of powers and forms used throughout his history. Are there any powers you want to use that you couldn’t?

@Henderson.Wade
You’ve probably heard a lot about being turned into a raven, but would you have liked to turn into a raven. Even if it’s temporary.

7 Likes

Hi this question is for derek who would win jason or swap thing​:thinking:

8 Likes

First and foremost I just wanted to say thank you to Derek mears for the awesome swampy signed picture, my friends got it from you for me. My question for you is in preparation for playing swampy did you read any of the comics and if so what was your favorite swampy story?

14 Likes

@DerekMears
How difficult was to wear that suit?

8 Likes

What was it like to join DC and bring Swamp Thing to life?

4 Likes

I loved the show. Everyone did such a great job. Long live the Swamp :metal:

Question for both of you:
What music do you guys typically listen to??
(Derek strikes me as a metal guy lol)

8 Likes

#1 Question: Are you hoping for a season 2!? I have to say this show is Awesome!! Loved you guys each minute of watching this. What is your guys favorite moments? ALSO KEEP SWAMPTHING ALIVE!!! A hopeful fan!

8 Likes

Will there be a season 2?

12 Likes

When will season 2 of Swamp thing gonna kick off, I’m having serious withdrawals ?!?!:face_with_raised_eyebrow::pensive::slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes