Live Q&A w/ Comic Creators Amanda Conner & Jimmy Palmiotti, Tuesday 10/29 11:30am-12:30pm PST!

Hmmm, good question I agree.

2 Likes

For Amanda:

You famously designed what was Dinah’s signature look in the 2000s-2010s. Was there any pressure in coming up with a new look for Black Canary in your Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey comic? Was it cool to come and revisit Dinah after first drawing her for Birds of Prey/the Green Arrow/Black Canary Wedding Special

3 Likes

What’s your favorite character ?
Which character/team do you think would give you the hardest time to write about

2 Likes

Damian waynes in my opinion is one of the most skilled robins because he was trained as a kid by Ra’s and Batman

3 Likes

Thank, You!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Amanda Conner, and I am very much looking forward to this Q&A today!

15 Likes

And I’m Jimmy Palmiotti, and I want to hear your questions, I hope you give us a challenge!

15 Likes

Dear, Jimmy/Amanda
My brother keeps saying that Damien Wayne is HORRIBLE compared to Dick Grayson. I firmly disagree, I’d love to get your input.
ps: who do you think wrote Harley Quinn best (other than you).
Thanks!

3 Likes

What can you tell us about the upcoming Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey comic for DC’s Black Label? How cool was it to see parts of your Harley Quinn run be used in the Birds of Prey movie?

6 Likes

It’s going to be black label?

3 Likes

Got to go, but I’ll be back at 3:00ish

2 Likes

That’s a very good set of questions, I’d like to think my art is way better than it was when I first started in 1988. When I first started, I was finding my style to fit the standard superhero style that was popular in the late 80s, early 90s, because that’s what the editors were looking for. But as the years progressed throughout the years, I feel like I’ve gotten a lot more loose, and things are just a little bit more animated. I’m trying to embrace more of that. I was always very jealous say, Darwyne Cooke because he came in a little bit later than I did with an animated style, and I was like, “Oh man I’d like to have more of an animated style.” So it’s taking me a while to get back to roots, an animated style to my comic drawing.

6 Likes

When I first started writing, I think a lot of the stuff I was a little darker content. I was writing a western, Jonah Hex for 5 years, and actually Deadpool in Marvel at that time, a lot of the stuff I was doing was very dark. And it wasn’t until taking on the Wednesday Comics Supergirl story -which Amanda drew - that I started embracing the lighter side of the comics material. The more stuff that makes you feel good, the stuff you can read over and over. And I started doing more and more of that. And in particular what I’ve seen, the rest of the comics getting darker and more grim, I definitely started looking for the lighter material- and I found it a lot more interesting to do.

7 Likes

Before I forget-- I loved the Monolith comic.

2 Likes

I think if Warner Bros. was interested in purchasing the character I would love to put Ash in the DCU. I think any of the DCU books, actually, if they were interested. We would definitely be open to it. So yes, absolutely.

5 Likes

Hi @dogluver8796.48042. Welcome to the community! It’s Super to meet you!

4 Likes

I always thought the wonder twins could work well on tv.
Could write into “The Flash” as a meta or aliens that takes a chance and reveals there identities to Barry

3 Likes

Ditto! The wonder twins are fun! It could totally work on TV @cb1andcb2.1864

4 Likes

Honestly, we’ve asked to do more Power Girl. We actually do have a really really great story idea for the character, we love her too.

7 Likes

Yeah, we hope we hope to return to her, maybe after this series we can bend Dan and Jim’s arms and get them to give us a Power Girl minisieres. Thanks for picking it up, we love Power Girl!

9 Likes