Live Q&A w/ Comic Creators Amanda Conner & Jimmy Palmiotti, Tuesday 10/29 11:30am-12:30pm PST!

Proof!

Join us October 29th @11:30am PST for a Live Q&A with Comic Creators Amanda Conner & Jimmy Palmiotti!

Starting Tuesday, October 29th at 11:30am PST, we’ll be hosting a live Q&A with the first couple of comic books, Amanda Conner & Jimmy Palmiotti! They’ll will be joining us LIVE for one hour from their very own verified accounts to answer YOUR questions about their big breaks into the greatest industry on earth, developing their craft, why they’re the best people ever, and any other questions you’d like to ask.

Be sure to add your question in the comments below, and come back here at 11:30am PST next Tuesday to find out the answers!

21 Likes

To both: How does the writing proce■■ on the new content for the Wonder Woman Giant series (the original volume as well as the current series) compare to your work on more standard sized comic scripting?

Do you find your scripts for the Giant book need to be more direct and to the point than a standard script that has a bit more leeway due to its larger part count?

Thank you for your work on a■■orted DC books and your time here with DC Universe. :slightly_smiling_face:

P.S. to Jimmy: Would you consider bringing your character Ash into the DCU? A reach I know, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Squee!! Amanda and Jimmy are absolute gems! I’d love to hear about what it’s like having your work evolve with you over time, and what the biggest shifts were in your writing/art process and style that you’ve noticed.

6 Likes

Do you two have any plans to return Power Girl? Your run on her solo book was an absolute delight and I’m curious if you have any more stories to tell with Kara. I always thought a team-up with Jonah Hex in the old West would make for a fun issue.

9 Likes

Hello Amanda and Jimmy! For someone who has limited access to comic cons, do you have any advice on how to get your work in front of editors?

Also, thank you for taking the time to answer questions, as an aspiring comicbook artist, I really appreciate it!

5 Likes

Hello and thank you so much for joining us and answering questions. I love your work!

I fell in love with Starfire 2015. Every day I looked forward to reading the next issue in the series. When I completed the story, I missed hanging out with Starfire. There is a magic in the story that really drew me in to love her character. I’ve re-read it multiple times and it continues to be one of my favorite feel-good, laugh, and love stories.

• What was the most fun part of developing the Starfire story?

Once per month, our book club reads a title with a female lead. The first female lead we read was your Power Girl (2009)! Power Girl was fun, hilarious, cheer-inducing and heartwarming. Her bombastic and loving personality is as strong as her Kryptonian physique. I appreciated that the story did not shy away from some of the challenges women face, and presented the challenges with indignation, humor and heart.

• What do you love most about Power Girl?

For the full month of June we read All Star Western. Jonah is a riot, and Tallulah is even more of a riot. The two of them together are exponentially fun. The accents were amazing and easy to grasp. It’s so much more fun to say “Git” than it is to say “get”.

• Were you familiar with the old western accent before you started writing for Jonah Hex?

• How did you research the accent?

• I really enjoyed the Barbary Ghost. What was the development process like for her?

• What was your favorite moment in All Star Western?

Thank you again!

7 Likes

I love your work and I was wondering if you would work on other Suicide Squad characters like Captain Boomerang?

4 Likes

This isn’t a question, but a little aside: I’m going to see Connor and Palmiotti in Durham for NC Comicon in less than two weeks!

5 Likes

Hey Amanda and Jimmy! So nice to have you here. I’m gonna ask you the same question I asked Sam Humphries when he showed up for a Q&A not too long ago, if that’s all right, because I’d love your perspective.

In your Harley Quinn series, Harley is making a new life for herself in Coney Island, with a brand new cast of friends and enemies, all while enjoying a vast personal freedom.

Meanwhile, that entire time, Harley also appears in Belle Reve Penitentiary down in Louisiana, as part of Amanda Waller’s Suicide Squad.

How do you reconcile these two events? Does one book take place after the other? Does Harley get indefinite furlough from Waller between missions? Are they separate continuities? I’d be very interested to hear what you make of it.

6 Likes

Thank you for answering our questions under your busy schedules! It is amazing that you and many other DC Creators are taking their time to give thoughtful advice to fans who are aspiring to be just like you guys! It means a lot to all of us!!!

I am an aspiring writer/creator hoping to make comics for a living. And I have two Qs in mind:

1. So for up and coming writers that have lost their passion for a project that once use to be their baby, what advice do you have in order to spark that passion once again? Or how do you use past passion from that project and use it for other projects as inspiration?

And…

1. How does one translate/create the most accurate depiction of ones own story from mind to script? (Because when I write my scripts it feels that the description I am giving will not be enough to where the penciller draws the exact way I imagine the story/scenery to be).

Thank you for your time! And Keep it up with the amazing writing!!!

5 Likes

Hello Ms. Connor and M, Palmiotti.

How do you choose your projects? Are you equally plotters and scripters?

Wouldn’t it be cool if you two wrote a World’s Finest min-series that starred Power Girl and Starfire?

6 Likes

What advice would you give to someone who wants to become a writer?
What was it like when you started writing?
If you could write any character who would it be and why?
If you were either a superhero or villain what would you want your superpower to be?

6 Likes

Hey Amanda and Jimmy!
I have 2 questions if you would be so kind to answer.
What’s the book that’s been the most fun to work on? And how do you solve creative disputes if and when they arise?
-Joey Misfit

5 Likes

Todays my 40th Bday so most inportant question would be who bakes the best cake in the marvel universe!

4 Likes

Pretty direct question, but what’s Cassandra Cain’s Batgirl going to be like in the new Harley Quinn book you guys are making? She’s pretty much my favorite character in DC but the interpretation from the Birds of Prey movie is very different than her original iteration, and those are both different than her current incarnation as Orphan. I’m up for anything you guys are going to do, but I was wondering if you could shed a little light on what sources you’re pulling from for Cass.

6 Likes

Thanks for joining us!!!
I was wondering, what is your inspiration for writing books and comics. Especially Harley Quinn comics.

3 Likes

While your Harley Quinn has a huge place in my heart, whats your thoughts on Sam Humphries current run on the title? personally I feel he’s made some real heart felts stories with her, for example when Harley’s mom gets Cancer.

5 Likes