Live Q&A w/ Comic Creators Amanda Conner & Jimmy Palmiotti, Tuesday 10/29 11:30am-12:30pm PST!

What’s it like seeing characters you created in your Harley Quinn run like Sy Borgman and Bernie the Beaver appear in other media like the Harley cartoon and Birds of Prey movie?

2 Likes

Have y’all ever disagreed on what direction a story should take? If so, who won? :grin:

5 Likes

Dear, Jimmy/Amanda
My brother keeps saying that Damien Wayne is HORRIBLE compared to Dick Grayson. I firmly disagree, I’d love to get your input.
ps: who do you think wrote Harley Quinn best (other than you).
Thanks!

2 Likes

Dear Amanda/Jimmy

First, I have to say that it is awesome of you to do this! I love your work (the Power Girl arc you did in JSA Classified with Geoff Johns stands out in my mind), so it is a huge honor to talk to you. I’ve got a few questions, if you don’t mind.

• what was the first comic you ever read, and how long after did it take you to realize that you wanted to work in the field?

• Not every comic creator is lucky enough to work with their partner most of the time. How did you find your rhythm with the other creators you’ve worked with?

• As an aspiring comic writer myself, I have to ask: what is one piece of advice for writing (of any sort) that isn’t given enough?

• What is one character that you’ve never worked on, but you’d like to?

Again, thank you so much for this!

4 Likes

Who would you want to see cast as power girl for movie/tv? I was thinking Gwendoline Christie would be fun to watch.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for doing this! Q’s;
What are your favorite things about working on comic books?
Can you give some history on how you got into the field? Any memorable stories/events that are were pivotable?

2 Likes

Particularly to Amanda,

Since you are my favorite artist in comics today, who are some active artists you see today that you are greatly impressed by?

3 Likes

Dear, Jimmy/Amanda
My brother keeps saying that Damien Wayne is HORRIBLE compared to Dick Grayson. I firmly disagree, I’d love to get your input.
Thanks!

6 Likes

Hello, Mr. Palmiotti & Ms. Conner (Welcome to DC Universe!),

We know that Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey will see your unique brand of humor go completely unfiltered for the very first time, yet you’ve always found ways to push boundaries in your original run (particularly during New 52).

My question: was there any particular instance of DC pushing back on any of that humor, something they thought had crossed a line too far?

9 Likes

What are your opinions on the ways that the dc shows differ from the comics? Do you think that is a good idea? Why or why not?

4 Likes

How many black shirts do you own?

2 Likes

What is Harley going to be for Halloween this year?

4 Likes

I may be a little late, but what is the best way to get “noticed” in the industry?

2 Likes

Have you guys found it difficult to create unique stories? I know that comic fans can be set in their ways sometimes; and when a character isn’t exactly the same as the way they picture them in their head, they can be easily upset. Also, thanks for doing this!

2 Likes

I adore your Power Girl comics. I miss her so much. Is there anything we fans can do to help her come back? I’d pay a lot to see Amanda draw her again.

7 Likes

First let me just say your Power Girl is phenomenal and you guys are national treasures. Now for the question, in two parts. With Comic company’s playing musical chairs with writers and teams lately, what book could you see them giving you, and what book would you love to take on?

4 Likes

Hi guys! I read Powergirl earlier this year with book club and was pleasantly surprised. I knew nothing about the character or the two of you but you guys sure made a good impression. The writing and art was top notch, congrats and thank you.
I recently started reading, Jonah Hex. I will direct this question to Jimmy: what influences did you use while writing that? What was some of your biggest inspirations, such as westerns you watched, TV shows and movies?
Thanks guys! I’m looking forward to reading more comics with the two of you collaborating together since Powergirl was so freakin good!

3 Likes

Question for Jimmy:

How does it feel to see characters from Marvel Knights become so popular now?

Question for Amanda:

What ongoing series would you like to work on and why?

3 Likes

Dear, Jimmy/Amanda
Thanks!

2 Likes