LGBT DC Fans

Hakuna Matata my friend.
Yes, I did just drop a Lion King reference. Sorry, not sorry.

4 Likes

It means no worries!

5 Likes

I did it!!! WOO!

6 Likes

YAYAYAYAY!!! I’m proud of you @JayleighJayeJimenez!!

5 Likes

I guess I should just go ahead and let everyone know as I will end up revealing it eventually anyway. I’m a pre-op trans (she/her) and have been living as me for 20 plus years.

7 Likes

Hi. I’m an Asexual DC fan and was ecstatic when they recently announced Connor Hawke was Asexual!

I still think comics and cartoons as a whole could use more Ace rep, but Connor Hawke is a great start!

As for DC and their LGBTQ+ Rep. I think it’s gotten better in recent years, but I worry it might be under threat given the current management of WBD. Hopefully we still get a DC Pride special in 2023, but at this point i’m a bit worried.

12 Likes

Big hello to all the new posters here, and thanks for telling us about yourselves!

8 Likes

Hey!! Hal Jordan was heavily implied to be some flavor of genderfluid and later confirmed as pansexual which I’d really love to see explored. I think there could be a really interesting story of Hal unpacking their hangups on masculinity and feeling like they need to live up to the image of mach-space-cop-slash-pilot they built up as a coping mechanism but ended up getting trapped in. Please DC there’s a great story right in front of you give me Hal Jordan’s emotional journey I beg

7 Likes

I would read this. :purple_heart: Welcome (again :laughing:) @bookwormfitzpatrick.91230!

6 Likes

What? I don’t recall Hal confirmed as pansexual. When did that happen?

Not that I mind, just curious.

4 Likes

Yeah and I thought he was republican, feel like those two things don’t really mix.

2 Likes

Alas it wasn’t officially canonized but Grant Morrison said he sees Hal that way. A SHOCKING amount of people got real butthurt about it

3 Likes

He was characterized as being on the conservative side in the 70s but personally I’ve always interpreted him as someone who grew up in a conservative household and eventually formed their own opinions and became a lefty (Oliver’s book recommendations finally payed off lol)

3 Likes

I could see that – I think Denny’s intentions for GL/GA was to show how both men were flawed and lacking something and how together they make up for their flaws. It’s most highlighted when they discover Roy’s addiction to heroin, where Roy’s father figure rejects him, but Hal is the one who finds him and helps send Roy on the path to recovery.

As for his identity, personally I feel like Hal is more likely to be the most cishet man alive, but also really open minded and accepting. He’s seen so many strange and wonderful things in the depths of space that something like someone being non-binary wouldn’t shake him in the least.

But hey, I’m certainly not going to try to argue to Grant freaking Morrison about it. :rofl: Really, I wouldn’t be surprised if they look at the entire DCU like that. After all, these characters we’re reading aren’t really people – they’re iconic story machines, both malleable and immovable.

4 Likes

how the hell did i not see this thread sooner.
hello, I identify as panromantic & asexual.
used to identify as genderfluid but recently realized that i was trans.
as for the best representation in dc- this may seem a tad biased, but y’know- Tim Drake, amiright.
To be honest, when Tim first came out, I was not the most invested in him, so I didn’t care much, but was happy for the representation nonetheless. However, when I heard about Jon Kent coming out, I honestly just started crying these weird, happy tears. Jon is one of my favorite characters, and at that time, I was still in a several year long phase of questioning my sexuality. I remember going to my friend and just saying “Dude, Jon Kent is canonically bi” So, he’s always going to have a very special place in my soul. Finally, can’t talk Queer DC without mentioning Harls and Ivy. I was in like, 5th grade the first time I heard they were a ship/couple- and since then I have been a devoted Harlivy shipper.
that’s all. :white_heart:

10 Likes

Fem leaning, masc masking, Non-binary, pansexual, and polyamorous here.

5 Likes

Hey, forgot to make an official intro: I identify as bisexual and gender-fluid. Obviously, I’m a big Hal Jordan fan, I’m also partial to Ivy and Harley (who isn’t?), Aqualad, Wonder Woman, and my favorite gay supervillian-to anti-villain-to anti-hero-to basically good guy now, The Pied Piper. @ObscurityofDCClub there’s a fairly niche reference

4 Likes

what’s the reference?

2 Likes

I think Pied Piper. And I would like to say, I do enjoy me some Pied Piper

3 Likes

Indeed

3 Likes