LGBT DC Fans

I’ll look into it! Might be on my watch list currently, tbh

7 Likes

So I’ve been accused of being polyamorous-- but somehow, this refers to sexual behavior, not emotional behavior-- so most of the time, I argue against that one.

I tend to identify as bisexual, even though it ain’t exactly a 50-50 split-- any fellas trying to get my attention have a much more difficult road than the lasses-- but, it’s my sense of identity-- and I’m happy with it.

I’m not exactly asexual-- but I don’t have the same overwhelming sexual thoughts as “normal people” about anyone-- ever-- let alone what I’m told are the sexually-based thought processes of the average man.

It’s not that I can’t, really, I just don’t-- unless someone succeeds in actively waking up that part of my brain in response to their emotional needs.

I never really determine the type of a relationship-- especially not at first–

But for most of this life I have allowed, even gone along with the illusion that I do- people do like their “normal”-- and–

No more.

I’m done. The last time I made this decision, a lot of people with a Mike Pence kind of attitude showed up wanting me to be the poster child for converting people who are otherwise to heterosexuality-- which you can’t do– I’m kinda certain my situation’s more than kinda unique-- so I backed off, retreated to my corner–

Not this time. There are those who will just have to own up to the illusion. I mean, they’re worth it. And there are many who will feel like they are being called liars.

I’m still done.

I’m not repressed, or damaged-- I’m just not sexually driven. These things don’t occur to me without someone seeking to inspire such things- and that is never an easy road for them, man or woman.

This is nothing wrong with being how I am.

There is nothing wrong with any of you being the way you are.

You aren’t harming anyone being who you are-- and the imaginary harm so many cultures throw at us isn’t really harm.

It’s this need to claim imaginary harm that does so much real harm.

10 Likes

Being poly should really only refer to romantic feelings, not sexual, meaning you are capable of being romantically involved with more than one person at the same time. For sexuality, perhaps it was confused with pansexual? (I think polysexual could be a lesser-known term?) That would mean you’re capable of being sexually attracted to more than one gender, or all genders, basically feeling attraction regardless of gender.

I’m far from an expert so keep that in mind, and most importantly simply be yourself, whatever that is. Labels are important to orient us in the world and how we relate to others, but sometimes they can be difficult too.

I think I know how I identify but I constantly rethink it, too.

6 Likes

Experts aren’t required.

5 Likes

From what I understand from googling and TikTok

Polyamory is having multiple partners at one time

Pansexual is being attracted to people regardless of gender

Omnisexual is attracted to all genders but with preferences

Bisexual is attracted to two or more genders with or without preferences

Acesexual is someone who doesn’t feel sexual attraction (but they can still want to have sex)

Demisexual is someone who is only attracted to people they have formed a romantic bond with

I’ve had to look up a lot of these things to help better understand myself
Hope this helps
and if I have gotten something wrong please let me know…I’m still learning

7 Likes

I’m not sure there a wrong here anywhere except the unreasoning hatred of those who want everyone to be just like themselves.

Demisexual. Good lord, there’s a name for it…

5 Likes

Demisexual? How about normal? It sounds like every relationship ever that is founded on something more than just lust and/or greed.

5 Likes

It’s not and it is a very real and valid sexuality

5 Likes

Actually I have have to agree with you a bit and take back some of what I said. I looked closer into it and now realize it is not normal because how are people supposed to be attracted to others only after they form a romantic bond? Thats impossible. 0%. It goes the opposite way. You can’t develop a romantic bond if at first you don’t have the slightest affection for the other person.

3 Likes

i’ve just given up trying to put myself into a specific identity. part of it remind me to much of middle and high school labels and stuff. I’m attracted to boys, girls, whatever, but not all the time. and i do not want sex,at all ever.

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Intimacy can also come in many different forms, “sex” doesn’t just mean intercourse and whatever.

8 Likes

Demisexual is on the asexual spectrum and it refers to people like myself who don’t experience sexual attraction unless we’ve developed an emotional bond with the other person. Romantic attraction is separate from this, as is aesthetic attraction. I have eyes, I can clearly see if someone is good-looking, and also have a preference to be romantic towards certain people over others. And no, it’s not “normal” to be this way, whatever “normal” is. When people were pairing up in high school and college, falling in and out of relationships, I was thinking that I never felt close to anyone enough to want to date. I have friends who I have been emotional with but have zero romantic attraction with.

8 Likes

Recently, I’ve been thinking a lot about my sexuality and I’ve come to the realization that I am cupidosexual. I think it could be cool to see a cupidosexual superhero also, but that’s up to dc.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Thanks for listening!

6 Likes

After reading more about cupidosexuality, I’ve come to the realization that I am not cupidosexual and am back to square one with identifying myself

6 Likes

It’s a challenge.

6 Likes

You could say that again. That being said, I was looking at the very few sexualities I skipped over and I think (I hope) I found a sexuality I identify with. Maybe.

Spectrasexuality.

6 Likes

I looked at a bunch of sources for this one and I’m 99% sure I’m spectrasexual.

6 Likes