Leviathan’s identity theories

I just picked up Event Leviathan issues 1 and 2 today, and I regret not picking them up sooner. I have a couple of theories on who Leviathan could be, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Feel free to post your theories here.

Personally, I think it’s either Roy Harper or Damian Wayne, but most likely Damian.

Roy would make sense because he’s got the motivations after his “death” in Heroes In Crisis, as well as serving as a meaningful connection to both Red Hood and Green Arrow.

Damian Wayne makes even more sense to me. He had a past with Talia al Ghul and Leviathan, he has the training, he could definitely build a Batman-style mask like the one the Leviathan agent used, and he was pretty quick to make Jason his prime suspect.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’ll be Damian, because that would be taking Tomasi’s favorite Bat away from him in Detective Comics. And I think it’s too soon for a Roy turnaround.

My original guess was The Silencer, whose comic just wrapped up and also has a history with Leviathan. She’s taking everyone down so she can finally live in peace.

A friend of mine thinks it’s Sam Lane.

3 Likes

Love how this story is turning out so far.
@HCQ, your friend is close but its actually Sam Levine.

1 Like

I thought at the end of issue 2 it was Jason Todd did I miss something?

@brigadierfl that’s what Batman and the crew think, but nothing is ever as it seems in comics.

1 Like

I feel like it could be Lois. She seems like the most knowledgeable and the one who could control what’s going on best

It’s definitely not Jason.

Also Bendis has used the word SHE in an interview referring to who this person could be.

2 Likes

@Aquamon To quote a guy from The Simpsons: “Thank you, Mr. Why Don’t I Ruin The Movie For Everyone Else?!”

Kidding of course :wink:

2 Likes

I stopped reading for a time but came back so I have no answer to my following question why wasn’t checkmate attacked?

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s Lois, for the reason that her limited series continues well beyond the end date for Event Leviathan.

2 Likes

@brigadierfl That’s… a fair question. Maybe we’ll see in a future issue.

1 Like

Vroom I’m sorry!
Forgive me!
Forgive me !
I was hoping for it. To be someone we didn’t know but with the hints in issue 2 it looks like it’s an old friend. I don’t think it lois or Todd though.

1 Like

@Aquamon I’ll forgive you, but only if you spell Samm Levine’s first name as I have, as that is the correct way to spell it. Mmmkay? Mmmkay.

As for the identity, I wouldn’t mind it being Honor Guest (The Silencer).

2 Likes

@Vroom Never! never compromise, even in the face of armageddon! That’s always been the difference between you and I.

2 Likes

@Aquamon yawn Don’t you have a former James Bond to defeat? :wink:

3 Likes

Yes the saboteur!

601px-TEp38.jpg

2 Likes

hey does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

2 Likes

I think it’s a"good guy or girl"gone rogue

It’s Rogol Zaar! It’s always Rogol Zaar!

2 Likes

But won’t volume 2 start after Event Leviathan?