Letters Pages in Comic Reprints

I was just wondering if the digital comics being uploaded will have the original letter pages included.
I am just curious as I had a letter printed and responded to by Dennis O’Neil in an issue of Azrael year’s ago and would have liked to have seen it again.
I see the Marvelous competition reprints the original letter pages. Still waiting there for the issue I got published in there to be reprinted.

1 Like

Letters pages to older comics are, unfortunately, not reprinted.
Although, sometimes a letters page that was all editorial (like in a first issue) will sometimes appear.

1 Like

That’s a shame as I would have liked to relive my brief stint of being famous in the comic world again

I had my name printed in JLI as one of the people seeking pen pals (I figured it would be easier to get in the letters page than writing a letter).

2 Likes

I had a couple letters in 90s DC comics. I’d also like to see them again; although, I’m sure it’d be incredibly embarrassing :yum:

My letter was about how the St. Dumas programming actually heightened the issues Azrael had when he put on a costume of a bat dressing like an animal.

I always liked the short stories which some of the horror titles at the end of an issue. I remember one was about a clown performing at a fast food joint, where he chokes on a hamburger, his face hitting the table and his makeup creating an impression upon the surface, and the clown, going forward, haunts the table.

I’m not sure if it’s ok to promote another post like this. But I made a request in the official thread about keeping house ads and letter pages that I feel kinda passionate about. Please take a look and add your thoughts or throw up a like to agree. Thanks!

Continuing the discussion from Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread:

2 Likes

I had dozens of letters printed in DC books back in the '70’s and always got a thrill when one popped in books like Swamp Thing and The Phantom Stranger. Those titles were considered the more elite and sophisticated books of the period, and–more importantly-- were penned by one of my fall-time favorite scribes–Mr. Len Wein. I “wore” those printed missives like a badge of honor. A decade before, Julius Schwartz was awarding original artwork to the acknowledged “best letter” printed in a particular issue. And over at “the house of ideas”, top letter hacks were being rewarded with “no prizes”. It was a different time, folks.

1 Like