Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread

My request isn’t for a specific comic, but to a change in how you present digital comics. Please keep letter pages and house ads in comics converted to digital.

I’ll use Brave and the Bold #87 as an example. It’s an issue I happen to have. Y’all did a gorgeous job of making this a digital. The colors look fantastic. What it’s missing is the letter page that contains an interesting story for any comics fan. Here’s a scan of the letter page of the book I own:

In it, we see that this issue is the first work of Mike Sekowsky at DC and we learn what Neal Adams was up to. Letter pages gave us news that we couldn’t otherwise get and give us a window into what was happening in those days. They also let us know what fans thought of things at the time. Here’s the letter page to Wonder Woman #188:

It’s from the time that Diana was a super spy. We can see that not all the fans were sold on the idea while some loved it. Sometimes in old letter pages we got to see letters form people that would become the comic creators of today. I am fortunate enough to have this window into the past but not everyone is. DC, please preserve your history and share it with your fans.

Also, please include house ads too. Those are amazing looks into what else was happening in the DC Universe at the time.

Wonder Woman #182

Wonder Woman #188:

I mean I don’t know what is going on with Aquaman but I want to find out now. Also, I love Krypto, who doesn’t?!

I apologize for the long post so I’ll try to wrap it up with this. Everyone has done an amazing job of converting and preserving these old comics. They are a treasure, but the treasure isn’t complete. Even the recent “DC Nation” pages have been stripped from relatively recent comics. Comics aren’t just the story of the characters between the pages. They are the story of the universe that’s been created. They are the story of the creators and the fans at the time of their inception. I don’t know how difficult of a thing I’m asking. But if it’s possible, it would be an amazing addition to this digital collection that has been produced.

12 Likes