Let’s Talk About Anything DC

I am glad it comes from a place of affection and also I 100% agree with everything you just said

3 Likes

We did talk about the House Of El stuff, we settled on Mr. Kent because we assumed this situation would be Clark in civilian mode and we assumed Kryptonian forms of address were different so we didn’t touch that

We also assumed Superhero names would indeed function as titles, hence why we mostly defaulted to civilian names.

3 Likes

Bart Allen in a menace to society (affectionate)

4 Likes

agreed

3 Likes

I just don’t see them all hanging around in civilian dress as a group, much less it being that frequent. Webtoons and fan fiction notwithstanding.

3 Likes

Fair enough, we kinda hand waved that For The Funny

2 Likes

Every time I remember this, canonically, is how Power Girl’s suit fits, (for instance, when I saw this awesome JSA 1 variant cover by Nathan Szerdy…)

…I also remember that this, canonically, is how Superman shaves.

7 Likes

Thank you JLU, for being brave enough to finally make Oliver Queen a Certified Long Haired Hippie Pinko

5 Likes

Just read Nubia And The Justice League.
It wasn’t bad, actually quite fun, but the dialogue is kinda bad in a cheesy way. Beside that point, I’m glad Nubia is joining the league or at least be more involved in the future.

My favorite moment has to be Nubia, Black Adam and Martian Manhunter going against parasite and them hanging out after the fight.

I now want to see more of this trio again. They could be the new trinity in the DCU.

4 Likes

Since they show Clark’s hair growing for the mullet in the Death and Return arc (as well as on the Toyman Death Fakeout to the Future from Justice League), is there an actual canon explanation of how Clark manscapes because his chest is always shown that way (and yes, artist and illustrators, I do know that body hair and hair in general is difficult to depict in 2D illustrations). Or have they ever show how he gets a haircut? I know there’s plenty of the scenes, particularly in the Silver Age, where Lois or Lana was trying to - or managed to (in a Clark’s-Depowered-Episode) - clip Superboy’s or Superman’s hair? To my recollection, it’s not ever shown?

4 Likes

He shaves, hair cuts, etc with a mirror and heat vision.

3 Likes

For haircuts these days I imagine Superman flies to the Fortress of Solitude gets in a room under red sunlight and has Kelex cut his hair.

Kelex: same as the last 85 years sir?

Kal: yep

4 Likes

as far as protocol is concerned @bookwormfitzpatrick.91230

The odds are very much against Barry being a PhD, most police forensic scientists have just the Bachelor’s degree. Ray Palmer isn’t often referred to as “Dr. Palmer” but he does have a PhD.

Lex would be Mr. Luthor as an ex-President. However, at a real formal event, he’d be just behind any current heads of state. As the current US President it would depend on who has been head of state longer, Lex or Arthur. For much of Lex’s term as President, Aquaman was dead.

So for the classic JLA my guess is

King Arthur of Atlantis (until he quits or gets thrown out AGAIN)
former Representative Barbara Gordon (included here because she rates really high)
Diana Prince (military with seniority)
Hal Jordan (military)
Dr. Bruce Wayne (Law degree from Yale)
Dr. Ray Palmer
Dr. Martin Stein (half of Firestorm)
John Jones
Barry Allen
Katar Hol
Shayera Hol (four police officers in order of seniority)
Clark Kent
Oliver Queen
Ralph Dibny (college grads)
Dinah Lance
Snapper Carr
Zatanna Zatara
John Smith (Red Tornado)
Ronnie Raymond (other half of Firestorm)
Phantom Stranger has matters of far greater import elsewhere to be bothered to show up

5 Likes

I heart all of this. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

:eyes: :laughing:

5 Likes

Really???

3 Likes

Detective Comics #439 in 1974

top right corner

I don’t think Bruce has a college degree in current DC continuity.

4 Likes

Thx so much for setting this straight Fellow Illini @CaptainYesterday.
:smiley: :fist_right: :fist_left:
And if we’re being completely precise where my gurrrlll’s credentials are concerned she holds three political office/government service titles: US Representative to Congress, Police Commissioner, and Mayor (Gotham City). Yep. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

6 Likes

:laughing:

5 Likes

Congratulations on your 1000 success comments

4 Likes