Let’s Talk About Anything DC

Ollie doodle. What kind of arrow should he be shooting?

2 Likes

NO
Screenshot 2022-12-01 11.06.02 AM
JAIL

3 Likes

uuuuuuuhhh what now

3 Likes

FRRRR that’s his DAUGHTER you weirdo

2 Likes

i want to pour bleach in my eyes after reading that who the heck ships that

2 Likes

AHHHHHHHHHH

jail-right-to-jail

5 Likes

I think the worst thing about those kind of fan fictions is that you could tell there not made by fans but rather they’re just created by perverts who have second and third hand knowledge of that piece of media.

A real fan would never want that kind of thing for their suppose favorite characters.

7 Likes

Remember guys, there are way worse pairings than that. There are actually Supernatural fans who ship Dean with Sam (they are brothers)

7 Likes

images (48)
Based and Arrowpilled. I will NEVER forgive Arrow for depoliticizing Ollie

4 Likes

main-qimg-e091be7229ed0dcf75656a42a51ca1c7-lq
7651a89e2b61ce3a-600x338
main-qimg-10a1f025aef269738eaf863abfc4b4ed-pjlq
One of my favorite things about him is how deeply, intensely, and sincerely he holds his beliefs, and how he always sticks to his guns and has a strong moral compass. Say what you will about him, he doesn’t half-a** anything

3 Likes

Try living with him. If he calls Flash a facist one more time I am strangling him with his own noose arrow.

4 Likes

If you make a Green Arrow show that’s super popular with Conservatives you may want to consider if you have in fact made a Green Arrow show

2 Likes

No you do not. Many people enjoy heroes who do not share their political views.

3 Likes

I know, my point is I’m frustrated that the CW Arrow show watered down Ollie’s politics when that’s such a core part of his character

2 Likes

As you should, the Justice League International era is great.

EDIT: Sorry to be so late, didn’t realize how long ago that post was. But stand by what I said. lol

5 Likes

Why do I pay to read comics when it won’t let me tell me to pay when I already do

3 Likes

Today I had a debate with a friend of mine who hates superheroes as a concept and insisted Superman was a right-wing character created by a big corporation to make money and that his primary motivation is power. And also said he probably cheats on Lois Lane.

(it was all in good fun, even if I VEHEMENTLY disagree with his points)

3 Likes

A Friend: Okay but does Lex Luthor even have a job? What does his company even DO?
Me: I know that was a joke question but do you want a real answer?

3 Likes

I also convinced my dad to read The Long Halloween! He’s a big fan of The Godfather and Goodfellas so it should be right up his alley

3 Likes

Explain to them that he’s confusing Elon Musk with Clark Kent. Also, point them towards Campbell’s book. If they are not big on actual reading, send them the You Tube links.

There’s an interesting way of looking at a character that’s existed for 80+ years. Jack Kirby, for example, has a history on Oliver (and Speedy) from well before he was conceptualized as a hippie radical in the 1970s (an interesting TPB that DC needs to release digitally). So that means that for some 35 or so years, Oliver was not political at all and is well-represented by, for example, the Green Arrow on B-tBatB, who is far more GA than he is Oliver Queen. And that GA and the GA from JLU (who was barely political - it was the 1990s and kid friendly TV, after all).

Essentially, it’s not really a core part. Just like the perception of the Silver Age Superman, from those ‘super&^%#ry’ blog posts and YT videos are mistaken to reflect some core part of Superman.

I think you would find that some of the people who do think like you’re suggesting and then go and ship a teenage Harry Potter with a his parent’s age Severus Snape or his grandfather’s age Lord Voldemort (or due to time travel, same age but still evil Tom Riddle) have enough knowledge of and experience, at minimum with at least one or two of the movies if not enough book(s) knowledge that this is not the case - but then again, the problem with a lot of fandom is where they create canon knowledge from fanon, even when that fanon is wrong or highly biased or highly incomplete (another perfect example of this is the Young Justice cartoon, which much of fandom perceives as mostly the first two seasons, and which includes a by and large opinion that (a) Clark Kent is Conner Kent’s father - no ifs, ands or buts in any variation; and (b) Superman is an awful father figure. The problem here is, actually, fandom creating that second or third hand knowledge and the public at large’s willingness to buy and accept that as a matter of course.

4 Likes