Let’s Check In On Each Other & Recommend A Book

Oh yeah! White Knight was really good. Top of my piles :books:

6 Likes

::kryptogif_ttns::Happy Birthday ::goodmorninggothamhqtas::

7 Likes

Ooh! [jumps up & down clapping] I LOVE THAT BOOK!

6 Likes

what did I break this time? -obliterates all of @Nightroia’s pencils-

7 Likes

@CynicalPink Don’t worry I got new ones.

7 Likes

You had a decoder pin? How’d you read that secret message. You’re guilt free. You’re an angel in my eyes. I just said I requested @TravisMorgan b4 @DeSade-acolyte could. So he was down that I got took his pick. I said…officially: I had same thing happen cuz I didn’t notice u picked @SuperBlueGrodd & I doubled up on him.

5 Likes

Im doin’ ok :ok_hand:…I might take up day-drinking come June, but we’ll see! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: How are YOU??

Ps. I’d also like to check in on @BatmanMazz, @nu52 and @NovellPaladin. What’s the 411, y’all?
Pps. @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell… GCS! :clinking_glasses: see you Friday! :tv:. Oh and everyone check out the new JLD!

8 Likes

Last part didn’t sound as I intended…

3 Likes

Crazy u said that. For no reason at all. I just quit drinking one day about 20 years or so ago. Haven’t had a sip since. I told my friends on a chain text I was seriously considering a few rum & cokes to go with a music listening session. I just finished the session. Didn’t drink. I went from last night until 2pm today, nonstop tunes.

7 Likes

Also :joy::joy::rofl::joy: I really did lol at that.

4 Likes

Hi @Razzzcat! I am glad to see you’re doing ok. Day-drinking by June may be something that happens. We still have a long time before the end of May before our stay-at-home ends. I have to say that today is probably the first time I am feeling a bit down. I think it is all just hitting me at once. I have been doing remote learning since school has been out, and today just was the peak of frustration. Lots of people just giving up on work. It is what it is. I will be better tonight, but it was just a tough patch for a few hours. Thank you for thinking of me @Razzzcat and most of the people that I talk to have already been shouted out…

I have been reading Kelly Sue DeConnick’s Aquaman recently and really liking it. I think there are two trades out so far and most of the issues are online I believe.

7 Likes

I saw that they have the first five issues of her run on DCU.

6 Likes

I will pass on Donavan Grant’s recommendation of my favorite run on Detective Comics:

https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/binge-barr-davis-detective-comics-mixed-60s-kitsch-80s-punk/

And while I’m at it, I’ll recommend DC Comics Presents #83, also by Mike Barr. Superman teams up with Batman and the Outsiders to take on THE Outsider (Alfred Pennyworth’s evil persona!).

8 Likes

Thankyou @N81,
I would like to make a shout out to @HarleysPudding, @CharlieSheensDealer, @Vroom and @JLWWSM. :slightly_smiling_face:
Read The Batman Adventures, it’s a great and fun book to read.

9 Likes

It’s a sad fact that if I’m tagged in more than 1 post at once I completely lose track of the conversation :scream:

8 Likes

Psst…

Is ya liking that game? You can let me know in the private corner.

5 Likes

@CynicalPink

5 Likes

I get it. Travismorgan just asked me to explain what I meant on another board on this one ( I think) & I had to declare it a mental stalemate.

5 Likes

Ah gotcha!

5 Likes

Reads Cmage post as I sip my Lagunitas Same here Bro! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes