Let’s Check In On Each Other & Recommend A Book

Been meaning to read this. Is it similar to Phantom Stranger?

1 Like

Not sure what you mean, since as far as I can tell, PS has never had his own title. But I guess if you liked the Secret Origins issue about him, this Spectre series is pretty similar in tone and style to that.

1 Like

The New 52 The Phantom Stranger run?

1 Like

@JeepersItsTheJamags

The Phantom Stranger (2012-)

1 Like

I hope everyone is doing great, I recommend Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth, but not New 52. Honorable Mentions: Naomi and Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E

1 Like

Oh, it took me a minute to find that. I haven’t read it, so I can’t really say.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just read it the other day. It was pretty good.

2 Likes

I thought that was a link I had just posted, turns out it was not.

1 Like

What is the Phantom Stranger about?

1 Like

It’s about how Judas becomes the Phantom Stranger after betraying the Messiah and walks through enternity trying to repay each one of the coins that are branded to his skin.

2 Likes

It’s really good, and explores the more metaphysical side of DC. It also has several cameos by the JLD.

2 Likes

That sounds interesting, I might check it out!

2 Likes

U bet… It was such a sneaker for me. It was recommended to me a long time ago on here. I burned thru it w/o a break. So much better then I was expecting. Just because I’d seen the movie 100X’s so I thought why bother?Man, it’s so much more then what was in the movie. Especially, the 4th world, which is an automatic love for me.

3 Likes

Me too! And thanks for the tag. I liked the really vibrant colors on BGYO. As for a recommendation… I recommend the Princess Amethyst maxi-series from the 80s. It’s never something I expected I’d like (Princesses? But that’s for girls!!). It’s a high fantasy epic sort of story!

What games/companies have you worked on/with? (if you’re at liberty to say, that is!)

How’s DCU’s foremost #SnyderCut proponent doing? @XNam360

4 Likes

I am wondering how @Kon-El and @TravisMorgan are doing.

My book suggestion is DCeased. I finished that and needed more, thankfully there was a sequel but I still need more!

3 Likes

I’m doing good @D4RK5TARZ. I need a haircut. :grinning: I’ve been reading and racking up those reward tokens. I recommend The Man of Steel by John Byrne which is a fun little six issue miniseries. I’ve been inspired by @CassTheStreet’s recommended reading list for 2020 so I call on them. How are you doing CassTheStreet?

3 Likes

I think I’ve been wearing the same shirt for 9 weeks now. I’ve adopted a second shift sleep schedule. I also see too many movies (three yesterday).

I’ll check on @capo-mage and @TurokSonOfStone1950.

Now… @D4RK5TARZ. What’s wrong with you bugging me at this hour? It’s 10 am. I’m going back to sleep.

3 Likes

@Kon-El

I am okay

Reading books on finding exercises to sit up straight and walk with walker a liitle better. It’s been like that since February 2019 when I fell.

Preparing for June Topic for History Club.

We have about 166 membets 21 have voted so far

Contest is between Blue Beetle Hawkman and Huntress.

Only two votes between top.and bottom with 8 7 and 6 votes each. Any member of club changes results right now

Revommendations

Blue Beetle 2006 Jamie version. MUCH.better than 2011 and 2016 versions

Brave snd Bold 34 42 by Joe Kubert. Wonderful

Batman Huntress Cry for Blood Helena Bertinelli version. First series to use her curtent origin.story. intriguing Mafia snd Batman Family stuff

2 Likes

When I typed the original post it was closer to 1 am, you know a totally normal time to bug someone. haha

2 Likes

Thanks for checking in @TravisMorgan. I unfortunately had to be tested on Tuesday for the virus and I am presenting with most symptoms of it. Needless to say, I am feel very unwell, but I am still providing over the phone appointments with my therapy patients even though I feel like I am being slammed against a wall a million times. Barely able to keep my thoughts together the last several days. I know I will survive this, but wow do I feel like crap.

While I am unwell, I have been concerned about @Applejack, @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell, @JLWWSM, @Don-El, and many others. Can you please provide me with a check-in? I would appreciate it during my illness.

For recommendations, if you have never read Infinite Crisis, I highly recommend it. If you have read it, one of my favorite series is Checkmate. Check it out, it will be the newer one. Back to laying down and trying to talk to patients for me.

13 Likes