Lego the Batman Sets Revealed!

10 Likes

Batcave™: The Riddler™ Face-off

Batmobile™: The Penguin™ Chase

THE BATMAN - BATMOBILE™ Technic™

Batman™ & Selina Kyle™ Motorcycle Pursuit

3 Likes

I just saw these, too. I don’t think I’ve been quite so underwhelmed by a whole line of LEGO sets in a long time. I get that Batman builds in black, and that The Batman is not going to be a very cartoonish incarnation, but these are all just very meh to me. The Batcave has some cool play features, and I’m curious to see how the movie represents this whole “Wayne Terminus” thing, but it feels like part of a larger set, with large chunky pieces to scale it up with a lower piece count (yet still $80!). I can’t help but wonder if there’s a big ol’ Wayne Manor set coming that might have too many spoilers to release prior to the flick.

3 Likes

I feel like if they do do that it’s not gonna be tied to the Batman and instead be a celebration of the character like what they did with Spider-Man A few months back

6 Likes

Well, I guess I want both. :wink: LEGO has had a DC Comics license for ages (compared to Marvel licensing which all was secondhand through movies and TV shows) and we’ve gotten three different Batcave sets (not to mention The LEGO Batman Movie version, the 60 TV version, 2 Juniors sets, and 3 DUPLO sets) but no Wayne Manor. There’s tons of (huge) MOCs that people have done, but nothing with that office set playable feel. I’m just thinking that this “Batcave” set feels like it’s meant to attach to a Wayne Manor, maybe, and that would be a long time coming.

But, yeah, a proper comic style WM would be even better. And now that you’ve brought up the Bugle, give me a Daily Planet and a Temple of Aphrodite to complete the architectural trinity. :smiley: I was hoping there’d be another comic book cover set “exclusive” to FanDome, but now I will be happy with a Bugle scale announcement. (Though it seems they might just be promoting the big ol’ Tumbler set as a FanDome thing…)

2 Likes

They’re pretty decent designs. Nothing mind blowing, but they suit the theme/movie pretty well.

Only complaint is that the Batcave set seems pretty unreasonably over priced. Almost 14 cents per piece is crazy high and none of the other sets seem to have that issue. Maybe because they’re new mini figs, but even then there doesn’t seem to be any custom/new pieces. Just new prints. I don’t know, probably some weird licensing thing.

3 Likes

Awesome™:+1:

2 Likes

I noticed that too. Doesn’t seem to add up. Most of those look like stickers, too, at least in the promo art. Maybe it’s the hidden cost of the secret decoder plastic from 1955.

4 Likes

Definitely possible. Could also have to do with pieces that aren’t used much/not available in bulk from their current supply. Either way, I don’t think the build itself justifies that kind of cost. It’s cool, but not much displayability for me at 80.

Probably a ton of fun to play with if you’re a kid tho.

4 Likes

WANT.

3 Likes

Yesssss I’m super excited they all look super cool it’s gonna be hard for me to pick my favorite to get!

3 Likes

Look awesome, can’t wait to see the movie on my Birthday, finally I get a Batman movie on a Birthday to watch at a movie theater!:smiley:

3 Likes

i cant wait to pick these up my self these all look great

2 Likes

True it would be amazing to see a daily planet and temple of aphrodite
but i would take the manor if it gets released gonna be saving up for that
finger crossed those three will come out :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

the sets are now available for purchase

1 Like

I love Legos, so these are neat to see! My favorite part is how the “Penguin Chase” appears to just be Batman running down Penguin with his car. I had a feeling this movie was going to be dark and gritty, but wow. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Evidently, Batman flipped-out, Ned Flanders-style.

“And if any of you upset me, I’m gonna run you over with my car!”

2 Likes

When I picture “Penguin Chase Lego set” I have in mind a Batman Returns style set, with a little Danny DeVito on the back of a giant mechanical penguin or something. This is slightly different.

3 Likes

Lego from the Burton/Schumacher quadrilogy would be so cool. :heart_eyes:

I’d definitely snag a set or two from each movie, especially most anything they’d do for Batman Forever.

SN: I know Lego has made the Burton Batmobile and Batwing, but I’d like to see other sets from Batman.

Maybe an “Alley Battle”, with Batman, Vick, and two Joker goons (including the one that fought Batman with swords)?

2 Likes

Batman Forever and Batman and Robin would make some amazing Lego sets. I feel like Lego could use lots of colors for the very first time if they wanted to. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes