[Legion Fan Club] Presents: A Panel a Day of 63 Years of Legion of Super-Heroes

Wow!

3 Likes

3 Likes

That looks pretty trippy

3 Likes

That was one of the last panels from the reboot’s regular run right there. The trippiness is confetti :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks like some Alan Moore tales.

3 Likes

It’s from the Universo Project, so that explains the strangeness

3 Likes

Wednesday

3 Likes

A very cool moment.

3 Likes

It’s still Thursday!

2 Likes

Nicely drawn scene!

I assume it’s Marv Wolfman, Destroyer of infinite Earths, in the Time Trapper’s outfit since of course it’s his fault the poor Superboy got in this situation to begin with.

3 Likes

LaRoque/DeCarlo actually! LSH v3 #38

The story is kind of confusing actually, as it seems like there is a missing issue between this and the preceding issue.

3 Likes

I love a mystery I’ll have to check this out now!

2 Likes

I guess I’ll need a little more detail on what you feel is missing.

The previous issue shows the collapse of the time lab at the very end of the story. You also have Cosmic Boy’s return to the proper century and his story of how time has been changed for the 1980s.

All four of the issues concerning the Superboy pocket universe are in DC Universe Infinite.

But I didn’t double-check is to see if there were still two Legion of Super-hero comic series being published at the time, I’m thinking it was back down to one series.

3 Likes

Oh that may be it - so 37 is when a bunch of Legionnaires go back and find Superboy, but he freezes Rokk, Lydda, Jo and Lar at his house so he can “save” his parents. It ends with Brainy, Blok and a couple others running away in a time sphere pursued by Superboy.

In 38, Superboy is in the time sphere, and Blok is saying “thank goodness you’re the real Superboy” or something to that effect. So it feels like something’s missing between 37 & 38, but there’s no editorial callouts like normal. At this point there is only the V3 Baxter title in print.

2 Likes

The two issues in between are Superman and Action Comics of the time

3 Likes

Ah thank you sir!

And I totally didn’t read the description blurb of 37 - I just went from 36 into 37, so missed the “continued in…” notation on the site. Still, I was surprised there wasn’t anything on the last page of the issue!

3 Likes

Strangely enough, I never read 38 prior. After having read through the vast majority of the Legion books to get to this point, it was poignant and a downer for sure. The beginning of the editorial meddling…

3 Likes

Yes, 38 was one of the saddest stories to me, felt like the death of the Legion not just Superboy.

3 Likes

Should we blame Byrne? hmmmm

3 Likes

Perhaps….

3 Likes