[Legion Fan Club] 9/30/23 Reading: LEGION OF SUPER HEROES (2004-) #11-12

Welcome to another session of the [Legion Fan Club], 4 years 5 months of [Legion Fan Club] fun now, as we continue our quest to read all of Legion tales digitized on DC Universe Infinite…one issue at a time!

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES (2004-) #11-12

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES (2004-) #11 (October 2005)

Click on blur below to go to the issue
Legion of Super Heroes (2004-) #11

Mark Waid, Writer Barry Kitson, Pencils (Dale Eaglesham, 2nd short story)

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES (2004-) #12 (November 2005)

Click on blur below to go to the issue

Mark Waid, Writer Barry Kitson, Pencils (Ken Lashley, 2nd short story)

1. Do you find Brainiac 5’s obsession with the “former” Dream Girl believable?

2. Which big surprise plot twist did you enjoy in these two issues?

3. As of issue #12, which Legionnaire is the most intriguing to you?

Please share any favorite panels / front pages from this time around!

We’ll plan to do this again in a few weeks with next Legion reading!

Not a Legion Fan Club member yet? Crave a nifty gold ring for your icon? To join and get in on other discussions, our private Discord channel and our archives, click here: Legion Fan Club!

Long Live the Legion
Long Live the Legion
Long Live the Legion

@LegionFanClub

3 Likes

That ring never gets old …maybe that’s because it’s from the future!

2 Likes

I’ve got that Ring.

4 Likes

Yes!!! That’s awesome :sunglasses:!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

U bet!!! That’s diy perfection…!! Have to be pretty skillful to pull that off….!!

2 Likes

Just to clear up any confusion, I bought that on amazon.

2 Likes

Oh did u!!! lol, I thought that for a sec. But, I’ve never seen one!? I’ve got a rather large collection & I’m constantly looking at what’s in. Never came across a legion ring & I’ve searched multiple times. Must’ve been b4. It’s been a really long time since I’ve checked tho? Must’ve slipped it past me. Ty for that info tho!!! Now I know it’s possible to own one…!!!

1 Like

Yeah is was like $50. it was a Comic Con ring.

1 Like

Ok…I missed that part lol. I was gonna say? I’ve been searching that forever. I just assumed u made it haha. That’s an awesome pickup, especially a con ring. Congrats!!!

1 Like

I’ve got two of those now, that one and the plastic version (which I will likely resell once I get around to being organized about what collectible stuff that isn’t a clear “de-accession” collectible item right off the bat); some of that stuff is currently buried, and not in display, so out of sight, out of mind: like these rings and some of my spare GL batteries, branded DC stands I don’t use and probably never will on my display shelves, etc.

I really liked the design of the ring they did for The Flash movie, albeit it was a bit too expensive for me personally even as a big Flash family fan. And I’d like to see DC go back to more stuff like this than just the bog standard tees and other clothes items, and the collectible statues and toys.

@capo-mage I got one of mine as part of a DC Direct figure that I bought on the secondary market. Crapazom was selling some stuff like this about 4-5 years ago, I believe it was older DC Collectible stuff that stores still had in stock, because that’s where those (I want to say it was Blackest Night related?) GL ring sets came from, so circa 2009, I guess? But you can’t currently find something like that regularly for sale. Your best bet is mercari, EB and other such secondary markets. Good luck!

2 Likes

Ty so much for that info. I was wondering how u had it. It’s pretty sad when u see a collectible & know somethings off immediately lol. I just automatically assumed u made it lol. I didn’t even think of the Con possibility.
There’s a ton like that out there that I need…Lobo’s convention figure with the pit bull, & it’s 3D with glasses included-& Lobos wearing em too!! The Wonder Twins from San Diego con are incredible too!!!
Thanks again tho 4 real & congrats again on that find…!!!