📺Late Night Watch-Along📺 Constantine S1 E7! Saturday, June 22nd, @9:30pm PT/11:30pm CT/12:30am ET

LAST WEEK: John barely survived an ordinary Halloween funhouse! The footprints in the sand were MANNY! And Zed was TOO BUSY for us I guess.

If this is your first Watch-Along, here’s how it works, squire: on Saturday, June 22nd, queue up Constantine SEASON 1, EPISODE 7 on whatever device you use to watch DC Universe streaming content, and the moment your clock strikes 9:30pm PST/12:30am EST, press play! Then watch it unfold with your fellow members and comment with us, live, here in this very thread!

If you have any questions, just ask! If you have any complaints, just remove your glasses, eat some crackers, and whistle at the ceiling!

Everyone is welcome! So come! Watch! Chit! Chat! Be therrrrrrre!

6 Likes

The electricity went out and I just sat in a pitch black room for 3 hours, alone, wondering what funny and insightful things you guys would say about it

2 Likes

Now that we’re halfway through, I was thinking about some ideas for LNWAs to come. My top ten candidates:

Wonder Woman: Season One (1975)
Legends of the Super Heroes (1979)
The Spirit (1987)
The Flash (1990)
Lois & Clark: Season One (1993)
Birds of Prey (2002)
Aquaman (2006)
Human Target (2010)
Superman III/IV
Batman Forever/Batman & Robin

2 Likes

I specifically picked material which will most likely benefit from delirious sleep deprivation while watching.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know The Spirit existed*! And I’ve never seen Birds of Prey, and I’ve been meaning to rewatch Superman IV. I don’t think I’ve seen it since the theater. I’m excited!!!

I own the Frank Miller one on Blu-ray*
**Judge me, I deserve it

1 Like

@biff_pow can I hire you to do graphic design work for me? Your pictures are a delight. High fives are my primary form of payment, but there’s Chex Mix and MST marathons too.

4 Likes

i don’t know what you mean, that’s just a candid photo of actor Matt Ryan enjoying a beverage which I found online. I can’t resist a high five Chex mix MST party, though, and I think next week’s graphic will earn me a raise! High eights, or even tens!

3 Likes

John is the best in Legends of Tomorrow!

2 Likes

@biff_pow There may be copious amounts of Beastie Boys on rotation at the Official DCU High Fives Chex Mix MST3K Marathon Party.

That work for you?

3 Likes

@elpollo29 I agree! I love him surrounded by the rest of the team’s wackiness.

@Vroom Sabotage, Intergalactic, and Body Movin’ music video watch-alongs!

3 Likes

@biff_pow You’re hired!

2 Likes

I TRIED watching Legends of the Super-Heroes.

I…

I…

….failed…

2 Likes

It’ll be better with a group.

2 Likes

I had Legends of the Super Heroes on DVD a long time ago. I always meant to watch it, just never did. If the time works, I’d be in for that.

We could do Constantine: City of Demons as an option but that’s on CW Seed, so…

Would the Mayhem of the Music Meister episode of Batman: The Brave and The Bold lend itself to a late evening/early morning viewing?

2 Likes

City of Demons could work since CW Seed is free and right now Watch-Alongs need two devices. Hopefully one day DC Universe will support a video with live chat option.

2 Likes

Being that it’s my all time favorite show and she’s my absolute favorite character, I would love to do a Wonder Woman watch along. Another great late watch would be Swamp Thing, but it might be hard for commenting with the sad state of the cancellation. Maybe pick episodes of different shows that have a horror motif (WW has a seance episode and one that strongly resembles War of the Worlds, Lois & Clark have the :ghost: :ghost: with Drew Carey, Flash and Birds of Prey have a few good choices as well).

2 Likes

I’m just brainstorming, but @movieaddict are you available in the day at any time on Sundays?

1 Like

I’m just brainstorming, but @movieaddict are you available in the day at any time on Sundays?

EXCLUSIVE: I put this together last month because I love branding and horror hosts and colors and fonts, but decided not to use it

ktwb9.png

3 Likes

I should have put the name up for a vote, anyway! The Watching Hour was the first thing I came up with.

1 Like