LAST CHANCE WATCH-ALONG, 12/27 10:00 PM EST: Wonder Woman (2009)

Ambassador Wonder Woman is the best Wonder Woman.

2 Likes

The Wonder Fam needs more exposure for sure

1 Like

I love Diana’s secret identity.

1 Like

Man, such a good teaser for a sequel that will never really get.

2 Likes

yay Cheetah!

And that’s our show! Thanks for joining me for Night 2 of our Last Chance Watch Along series. Please join me again tomorrow at 9:00 PM EST for WATCHMEN: UNDER THE HOOD!

2 Likes

That was a good movie, thanks!

Great movie – looking at it with more critical eyes I can see some flaws, specifically around the way they did Steve Trevor, but Fillon’s chemistry and charisma in the role makes up for it.

3 Likes

Never watched that before, so I’m looking forward to trying it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If, and really hoping it is, the Wonder Woman 84 movie does well, I hope they try to expand her supporting characters like Artemis and other villains like Giganta

3 Likes

Patty Jenkins is apparently planning on producing an Amazons film, so I think we’ll definitely get some of them there.

2 Likes

I feel this movie was rushed skipping the small but no less important parts of what makes WW"s story.

2 Likes

If we’re getting a movie on the Trench we best damn well be getting an Amazons movie

1 Like

Thanks @HubCityQuestion for the awesome watch-along! Until next time

Yeah, like it feels like this takes place in the course of a night, and it’s hard to see why she’s convinced man is worth saving when her only exposure to it is Steve trying to get in her star-spangled pants.

2 Likes

well fellas that was fun ,till next time. and great job on the WAL @HubCityQuestion by the way.

1 Like

It’s funny, in a lot of ways I feel like this animated movie is the kind of movie we would have gotten in live action around this time, for good and for ill.

1 Like

Yes, thanks for hosting, @HubCityQuestion. :smiley:

1 Like

For sure, LA Wonder Woman got that mostly right by showing how men can have redeeming qualities through the group they were in. The PTSD, the persecution, the hope, and the redemption. All aspects of man that come in one big, complicated package

1 Like

hmm interesting point.