LAST CHANCE WATCH-ALONG, 12/28 9:00 PM EST: Watchmen: Under the Hood

2020 will bring big changes to the DC Universe library, which means it’s time to say farewell to some of our favorite DC movies. Join me for a five night event from December 26th to December 30th every night at 9:00 PM EST for another chance to bid goodbye to a classic DCU film.

Tonight: Watchmen: Under the Hood, the companion film to Zack Snyder’s Watchmen, and a daring cinematic adaptation of the text-heavy backmatter material in each issue of the original comic series!

For those who have never participated before, here are the rules:

1. Make sure you have a DC Universe subscription!
  2. For best results, cue up DC Universe on two devices: one for watching, and one for commenting on this thread!
  3. To ensure you’re synced with the other viewers, make sure you start your video EXACTLY at 9:00 PM EST!
  4. If you lose your place, pay attention to the clock. For instance, if it’s 9:15, that means we’re exactly 15 minutes into the movie!
  5. Because these movies will be delisted soon, they may not appear in the regular spaces. If you can’t find it, search for it manually!

And as always, as long as at least one of you RSVPs, I’ll be here to host the affair! I hope to see you there!

2 Likes

Is this connected to the watchmen movie? I have never seen the Watchmen film.

Yes, it we made as a way to adapt some of the backmatter material in the comic. If you’ve read the comic, you’ll probably be fine.

1 Like

What if you haven’t done either…? :no_mouth::grimacing:

Well, you might have time to watch the movie on DCU if you start, like, right now. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Honestly it’ll be interesting to see as a stand-alone! It’s kind of a prequel to Watchmen, about the heroes who came before the main characters.

1 Like

I’ve also never seen this myself, so who knows?? I’m excited to find out!

1 Like

:smile:I seriously wanted to do that, but I wasn’t home. I just got in a few minutes ago. I guess I’ll try to watch that tonight. Unfortunately, I can’t make it for tomorrow nights watch-along either, but I’m definitely gonna try to be there for Monday nights.

I’m here and ready. :slight_smile:

Here we gooooo!

I like that they use the classic DC logo.

And I didn’t realize this was live action!

They did a good job making it feel like an authentic news show of the time.

I don’t think that was actually a page from Action Comics #1.

Oh man, this thing even has commercials!

I really really love how this is filmed like an old TV special

1 Like

Honestly? I think I like this more than Snyder’s Watchmen itself so far.

Is that Captain Nazi?

Oh man, this Golden Age comics stuff rules

I don’t think there was one in the Watchmen comics, I think that’s regular DC.

And Silhouette actually using some bondage gear is oddly hilarious.

1 Like