Last Chance & Coming Soon titles - The New Teen Titans (1980)

Last Chance - Now through 10/15:
The New Teen Titans (1980) 13
The New Teen Titans (1980) 14
The New Teen Titans (1980) 15
The New Teen Titans (1980) 16
The New Teen Titans (1980) 17
The New Teen Titans (1980) 18
The New Teen Titans (1980) 19
The New Teen Titans (1980) 20

Coming Soon - 10/16-10/29:
The New Teen Titans (1980) 28
The New Teen Titans (1980) 29
The New Teen Titans (1980) 30
The New Teen Titans (1980) 31
The New Teen Titans (1980) 32
The New Teen Titans (1980) 33
The New Teen Titans (1980) 34
The New Teen Titans (1980) 35
The New Teen Titans (1980) 36
The New Teen Titans (1980) 37
The New Teen Titans (1980) 38
The New Teen Titans (1980) 39
The New Teen Titans (1980) 40
Tales of the Teen Titans (1984) 41
New Teen Titans Annual (1984) 2

We continue to share your thoughts about rotating comics with the head honchos. Thank you as always for your constructive feedback; it is crucial to creating a service meant for you- the fans!

17 Likes

I appreciate you sharing the feedback. I just realized all the Teen Titans were limited time, and I am still reading Death of Superman. I don’t have the time to read the things that I want to read on here in these short windows. It’s been several weeks now on the service, and I haven’t complained, because I thought the feedback I saw everyone giving would actually make a difference. But at this point, I genuinely feel like DC misrepresented what the comics portion of this service would be like, and it doesn’t appear that things are going to improve. I, like many others, would pay more money for a more substantial comics portion of the service. I have spent a lot of money on DC products in my life, and was excited about this service as a way to engage more, and I fully expected this service would entice me to buy more, but the stinginess on display here is really not cool. Please bring more comics to the service with longer timelines for reading them.

14 Likes

Also, why does Death of Superman have so many missing issues? Sigh.

4 Likes

So far the rotating comics is a huge miss for me. I haven’t been using them much because I have a lot of my favorites as trades already and only have time to read new comics right now (from my pull list) but I think its frustrating for new readers to come on the app and only have pieces of runs or arcs. I think comics need to have a larger range of issues from each run AND stay on the platform for more than a couple months. maybe like a rotation every season instead of every month. just some suggestions

8 Likes

I’m so thankful for the work you mods are doing in keeping us informed. Thank you! But please continue to explain to the team leads and higher ups that rapidly rotating curated content is not what we, the paying customers and fans, want. If it continues to be a service we do not want, then we will not continue to pay. I hope it doesn’t get to that point because I love to support DC Comics and it’s properties.

3 Likes

Ive decided to stop reading comics on here. There is no point when comics are rotated out after only a few days in some instances. This is really poor management on DCs part and I can understand the desire to rotate out but it seems like a solid chunk of people using this service have real lives and responsibilities outside of this app. It is extremely poor and unreasonable to expect people to read all these comics in such a short period of time. I know this app is still in its infancy and I’m willing to go through these growing pains, but please be mindful. Not even Netflix rotates content as fast as this. I truly hope you are taking note of all this feedback and will have the decency going forward to give people more notice when comics will be leaving this service.

17 Likes

What invisible robot said ditto

3 Likes

I also agree with invisible robot. This comic rotation is ridiculous especially considering what the dc competitor has in place.

8 Likes

Really don’t like the rotation here. I need to finish reading NTT by Monday now. :confused:

4 Likes

I agree too with the above. At the very LEAST, you should let us know the window of time we have to read these comics when they are put up. If you’re gonna put something up for 2 weeks…that sucks…BUT tell us on day 1 we have 14 days to read these 20 issues. Then we could at least prioritize what we read. I’m on issue 12 and now know that I need to power through 8 issues in a few days, which means for me that I’m going to have to do some long reading sessions. If I knew 2 weeks ago, I would have made it a point to read a couple issues a night.

HOWEVER, it would be great to have more time as you’re pulling other comics quicker and I can’t get to all of them with such a small window of time.

4 Likes

You basically will now have an incomplete run here where a middle chunk is missing. Bad move.

3 Likes

Exactly ^ Wait until the whole series is available before rotating out. That only gives us 3 days to read likely around 15-18 issues because a lot of people waited until more issues of the series came out to start like me. Anyone who buys the service because of Titans when let’s say episode 4 comes out because people will understand if Titans is good or not will find that the service can’t even keep a certain full series out that is one of the biggest parts of leadership. Add people who are still reading death of superman which if I recall ends next week and no one has enough time to read this stuff. I read 15 comics a week between DCU Book Club, my current pull list, and trying to read the limited time comics. Simply put, the pacing is too fast. Instead of removing 12 and adding 12 just add 12 new comics. Any fan who doesn’t finish numbers 12-20 will simply not read the new teen titans # 21-40. So fix the pacing. I get that you likely have limited server space but so many fans especially the hard core ones who are the exact audience you are trying to attract, own Marvel Unlimited. They have high expectations and they will happily pay more to make the service better. We all want you to succeed but right now, we aren’t seeing any changes. Casting still doesn’t work, promised launch content is missing, and more. Fans want you to suceed. I can’t wait to see titans tomorrow but as it stands this service isn’t worth 75 dollars. Marvel Unlimited is cheaper with more contents. Please show us fans that you are truly planning to change because right now, I don’t know a single person who doesn’t want you to grow and become better.

Thanks for reading!! Anyone who read this, Have a wonderful weekend!!

12 Likes

For the record, I canceled my Marvel Unlimited Subscription to use this service!!

3 Likes

You guys know your rotation strategy is a bad approach. Enough of asking for feedback in the topic. A lot of complaint have already being posted. You know what we want.
We understood the Batman movies HAD to be rotated out. Aint no excuse to make us read at that pace. We want to appreciate the art. We want to tale our time. We want to decide to read Superman and Batman and Teen Titans and anything else in the order we want. We are paying to have that right. George Perez himself would disagree with you with your nonsense.

8 Likes

Here’s a better idea than giving us notice; how about just not removing comics at all? The number of complaints levied so far about this rotating library should have been indication enough that customers don’t want it. It turns a leisure activity, that we’re paying a premium to experience, into homework. Some of us don’t have time to blow through upwards of 20 comics in under two weeks. It’s a poor practice choice and it needs to be rectified because as it stands, I don’t think DCU is going to have me as a customer after this first year is up.

15 Likes

I couldn’t agree more ^

2 Likes

I gave up on reading Death of Superman because I knew I wasn’t going to be able to fit in reading a 50 comic event while working 50+ hours/week before the deadline came up. This is getting ridiculous, honestly.

10 Likes

It is a run from the 80’s for Darkseid’s sake. How much more money you expect to get out of that. Do you really think if someone misses those issues will be kept interested on the run? I hope no. Im already jumped to Geoff Johns run since you can’t allowed me to read in peace.

4 Likes

DC did not misrepresent what this service was going to be, they were pretty clear in marketing speak. ‘Rotating line of curated comics’. They pretty clearly stated that they would not have comics on here for very long and it could be inferred they were going to use it as an opportunity to try to entice you to buy either what they never made available or the books they put up for a short time that you ended up missing out on finishing. That being said, a two-week rotation is even worse that I imagined. I bought an annual subscription but may end up canceling if the comic rotation doesn’t get any better. Without a good selection of comics with full arcs or full runs the only portion of the service worth paying for is the shows… and those are not worth $8 per month. That’s $2 per episode if you care about every show. This strategy can’t be one that works… there’s no way this sampler service will encourage people to buy more comics to fill in the storylines, but maybe it’ll get people to buy Marvel Unlimited since that service is nearly unlimited in its selection. Unfortunately it’s Marvel and not DC.

3 Likes

How can you be leaving off The Judas Contract? Weren’t The New Teen Titans comics rotated in to promote the Titans show? Leaving off the most revered storyline in the whole run just reeks of a bad marketing ploy hoping people will buy more to finish the story. Granted Judas Contract is in Tales of the Teen Titans but unless those digital copies have disappeared from every server on the planet or DC inexplicably sold the rights, the only reason to not have it on here is due to a misguided ‘supply/demand’ strategy.