Last Chance & Coming Soon: October 2020

Comic series, the one written by Brian Michael Bendis and primarily drawn by Ryan Sook.

7 Likes

Sad to see Constantine go, but I’m glad I binged that one recently. Can’t wait to read all the new stuff coming next month.

4 Likes

We’ll be having lots of Community Watch-Alongs for the next month, keep an eye on the Community Calendar if you need some inspiration to watch!

4 Likes

All this talk of Karate Kid had me like “What do Daniel-san and Mr. Miyagi have to do with DC? Is this some type of strange Cobra Kai cross-company promotion?” But then I realized there’s actually a DC character called Karate Kid :joy:

3 Likes

Hey, that’s @superby1’s and my job! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ditto. The marv wolfman book from a few months ago was pretty friggen good, but THIS book was GREAT.

2 Likes

With every new bronze age book digitized, my smile gets wider n wider. There’s more to DC than batman…

2 Likes

Why did Karatie Kid from the Leigion get his own book?

1 Like

It was the times…Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Bruce Lee

1 Like

@AlexanderKnox

1 Like

Fantastic!!

I’ve never seen any of the 4 Superman. I’m excited for the 1 watchalong. I hope someone does one for the other 3.

I m on page 30 or somthing
Superman Smashes the Klan, I think its the scene when their house gets on fire, from Bad people

2 Likes

Nice!

It’s worth it, I thoroughly enjoyed both seasons.

1 Like

So are the Rewards Points still expiring in September?

1 Like

I don’t know all the details but I think the movie Karate Kid had to get permission from DC to use that name because they had the trademark on it or something like that. So the Karate Kid movie does have a loose tie to DC, although obviously not story wise.

I got to say, I have not read it since I was younger so I don’t know if it will hold up. But when I was a kid I got hold of some of those issues and remember really enjoying the series. Maybe just because it had time travel in it and I always like time travel, but am looking forward to getting a chance to re-read them.

3 Likes

Yes!! Haven’t seen that in years!!

1 Like

I’ll add Karate Kid to the Legion reading quest.

I’ve already got Karate Kid on the reading quest but so far I put down that it’s not on DC Universe.

3 Likes

Wait I am so confused now! I thought all movies and shows were moving to HBOMax and DCUniverse was moving back to a comic only site?

1 Like