Last Chance & Coming Soon: October 2020

We’ll get an announcement this week.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks but then what’s with the new to watch content coming in October then? Yes I know I will wait for the announcement. Sorry, I am just an inpatient OCD geek.

2 Likes

@DcYogiBear It’s hard to tell. They never actually said what day the video content would be migrating over. I doubt it would all happen at once.

We don’t even know the fate of the older shows. We don’t know if we get to keep those or if all video content would be leaving. And even then we don’t know if it would be gradual or not.

They haven’t said anything official, so I’m hoping the upcoming announcement will not only give us a better idea of what’s going on but will also quiet all the clickbait articles and rumors by people who think speculation is fact.

1 Like

Agreed Boodikhan! I started reading DC in the Bronze Age and there’s so much from that era I haven’t read yet! I always look forward to the archive content, and from any era of DC really, but the Bronze Age holds a special place, 'ya know?

1 Like

Absolutely! The addition of Superman Smashes the Klan is a prime example of the value of DC Universe to me. I’ve been stoked to read this for some time but decided to wait and put my subscription to good use on this one. Can’t wait!

3 Likes

Why do you have to remove stuff? This is a DC app you should have literally everything dc it’s kinda a shame to go on another app and find more things then come back to this one and feel like there’s barely anything. Kinda makes me wish I didn’t spend 60 dollars just to be able to watch some of my favorite stuff for a set amount of time

Sixty dollars? Where did you spend sixty dollars?

So, guess who just discovered this whole months release heads up topics today :man_facepalming: Might I note that I’ve been here for a long while as well…

Oh YEAH now baby we got bad blood! :smile:

1 Like

Marv Wolfman, what a nice guy! Seen him at austin comic show years ago, he signed my TT #1 and talked for ever. He also is one of the few guys that will return an email. Super nice guy.
Dave

2 Likes

:grinning:

The admin did answer the question - all of video contents will be disappeared by January 21, 2021.

How could you get rid of Constantine in the month of Halloween??? :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Check the time when I made the response. It was before the announcement was made.

Few months ago, it was my expectation that video contents on DCU will be migrating to HBO Max so that is true for original series but no announcement about where classic shows will go yet.

Bad news for Roku and Fire users, however Fire users can sideload to install HBO Max app. As for Roku, I recommend y’all to use secondary device like PS4, Xbox One, Apple TV, Android TV (TiVo, NVIDIA Shield, new Google Sabrina - not released yet). WarnerMedia have app ready for Roku and Fire but Roku and Amazon decided to holdout right now.

No chance! Joined DCU when Titans came out, stayed for Doom Patrol. Catching up with some of the comics was nice but will not be worth the SAME PRICE as without video content. Add in discontinuing service through Roku and you have a recipe for cancellation!
HBO Max for an extra $60.00/year? Still won’t be available on my streaming platform of choice? Forget it! I’m subscribed to DCU until July so I’ll need some money back come December when the service ends.

Given what we’ve been told in the announcement, it seems my prediction was right: DCU is becoming a comics service while most (if not all) of the video content is being moved over to HBO Max for twice the cost.

Well, there it is, I guess…

I sure hope with the upcoming changes DC starts digitizing more comics from the backlog.
Eight comics a week for an 80+ history is like watching paint dry.

So many titles still yet to be digitized.

It’s crazy that Roku would hold out, considering just how niche a lot of the channels are on there.

Regardless, I still have my tablet and the PC, and it’s still cheaper than Marvel Unlimited (which, last I checked didn’t use the Comixology files for their content and scans were poor quality).