Last Chance & Coming Soon: December 2020

Wait, is that true? How can I confirm this? I’m willing to switch over if the price stays at my current subscription rate of $59.99.

1 Like

Friend, he still paid money for a service that he will no longer receive. Thanks for the condescension! It was illuminating, I am sure.

2 Likes

The service will not exist as it is any longer. This is no secret and it’s been a long time coming.

‘He,’ will not lose money because: DCU is not DCUI. They will prorate him.

Thanks for attending this sessions, TED talk.

2 Likes

I received this notice on my firestick as well. Complete B.S. if you ask me, especially with Brave and the Bold which I’m currently watching staying on the service until the end of the month. What a lovely holiday treat for the loyal customers they are trying to retain at the same price for significantly less overall content.

Hey all, as everyone’s perspectives and feedback are welcome, please make sure that we remain civil when sharing opinions and responding to each other.

Regarding questions on where shows will end up, we don’t have an update on specifics right now, but will share more as soon as we do. We’ll doublecheck for confirmation of price as well, @dscreativity.18138.

Thank you for your feedback as well, @MR3K_dp - we appreciate your sharing your concerns, and I’ll be sure to pass it onto the team to let them know how you’re feeling.

4 Likes

While I am sure it is out of their hands at this point, I appreciate you passing it on (and the work that all of you mods do). It was upsetting to see that the app was leaving Firestick altogether with the change, but I at least understood the rationale behind it - the firestick is a video streaming device primarily, and while I love having access to comics on my big screen in panel mode, I can see why they would not want to pump money into maintaining the app for just that purpose after losing all of the shows & films.

However, removing access to the app when there is still video left on the service to be streamed feels like a slap to the face, especially when most of us will be stuck at home during the holidays. I feel like I am clinging to a jilted relationship, and I should just outright cancel my membership now, but I love this community and I have hopes that there will massive influx of older issues when the change happens that will justify my paying the same price for losing out on 75% of what I use this service for.

I’m sad and angry, and I feel stupid for feeling this way about a digital service.

4 Likes

So when those dc animated tv show classics and the live action when will they be on HBO max, sense they will be leaving on on Dec 18, one thing thing this I am prepared for, is if I want too watch a dc animated tv show, at least I can down load it 2.99 a episode tho in order too watch it, tho.

3 Likes

I’ll add to @spaccio1150 question and ask again.
The “Wonder Woman” leaving on December 18th is the Wonder Woman 1974 pilot or the Wonder Woman TV Series (1975-1979) starring Lynda Carter?

3 Likes

Will my access end in May if I dont opt in? I started my subscription last may.

1 Like

How could the old ones be offensive? Today’s stuff is so much more crude.

4 Likes

One example is that some of the WWII era comics would be considered racist for their portrayals of persons living in Japan and other Asian countries. I suspect any groups other than straight white Christians were potential targets at different times.

If by “crude” you’re referring to today’s more mature themes, provocative imagery and language, it’s because some comics cater to a more adult demographic.

Please don’t be hard on yourself. We definitely share your feelings and want to be able to provide a full experience to our fans (and for ourselves, selfishly). We’re talking about entire worlds and generations of stories that have emotionally charged and inspired us to be our best selves. The whole reason we’re all attached to this community is because we’ve found people who understand that. So… I guess I just wanted to reply to that part of your message, first.

You also won’t lose access to this Community if you do cancel your subscription, because it is free with your account registration.

3 Likes

HBO Max will be releasing its content calendar every month, keep an eye on their announcements to track what will land there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, great question- that is the movie. I’ll update the topic now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe this depends on the recurring subscription you opted into, but to make sure please contact our billing department at yourdcu.com/submit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

2 Likes

Where is doomsday clock 12!!!

You might wanna scroll up to the start of the post. It tells you when.

No interest in a bland digital comic service. Subscribed to DC universe to watch my favorite animated DC content. I’ll be taking my money to Disney+

1 Like

Really sucks that I won’t be able to watch my favorite childhood cartoons here anymore…:((( where can we watch all our shows!!! And I was really looking forward to watching Young Justice season 4 here…young justice is why I subbed in the first place.

THE SHOWS ARE WHAT GET PEOPLE TO SUB IN THE FIRST PLACE BC THEY’RE MORE ACCESSIBLE THAN COMICS AND HAVE A WIDER APPEAL FOR CASUAL FANS AND HARDCORE FANS ALIKE, WON’T THIS DECISION HURT Y’ALL’S SUB RATES??

BEING REAL, COMICS ARE MUUUUCH EASIER TO PIRATE THAN THE SHOWS,ESP KEEPING THE PRICE THE SAME PEOPLE ARE GONNA LEAVE BC THEY CAN EASILY READ COMICS ILLEGALLY, WHEREAS IT’S MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO FIND THE SHOWS STREAMING ILLEGALLY!!

I really don’t wanna see this place go under but I don’t believe the comics are enough to recruit new subscribers or to keep the old ones here :confused:

2 Likes