Larry Storch, Voice of The Joker on The Batman/Superman Hour, Has Died

Larry Storch, who provided the voice of The Joker on The Batman/Superman Hour and two episodes of The New Scooby-Doo Movies, died early this morning at the age of 99. Of course, he may be best known as Corporal Randolph Agarn on the classic sticom F Troop. He also voiced Phineas J. Whoopee on Tennessee Tuxedo and His Tales. I never met Mr. Storch, but I understand that in addition to being immensely talented, he was also really nice. I know 99 is a ripe old age at which to go, but I still can’t help being sad.

13 Likes

Sad news, yesterday James Cann, and today Larry Storch. May they both rest in peace.
But I can’t help myself, and must quote the great Corporal Randolph Agarn: “…I told you, Dobbs, not where there’s open food!” He made me laugh as a kid in the sixties and he continues to make me laugh all these decades later. What a great legacy to leave behind.

8 Likes

I’m fond of his Joker voice. RIP.

6 Likes

Amazing that he lived such along life. He was the first actor to play the Joker in Animation series for Batman.
Joker_(fimation)
I also enjoy his other series, F Troops.

7 Likes

I met Larry once at a convention and asked if he ever owned property in my home town (rumor was he had owned a unit in the complex). He naturally found the question a little odd (maybe thought I was trying to sell him a time share)

This was at least a decade ago, and he was getting around okay, but wouldn’t say his health appeared robust. I asked about his winding up in the role of Joker, and the answer wasn’t too specific. One of the varous photos he had to be autographed was a Filmation Joker picture

In the 70’s, he starred in a Filmation Saturday morning show as one of the Ghostbusters, which predated what everyone today knows as “The Ghostbusters”. The show had a slew of 60’s sitcom actors in it, including fellow Bat voice-villain Ted Knight
Episode 03 - The Canterville Ghost - YouTube

I’m glad Larry lived such a long, full life (99 years!) but I wonder who is left to provide recollections of working with him in the 60’s/70’s

6 Likes

Larry Storch brought me much childhood happiness may he Rest In Peace.

7 Likes

It’s been a very rough week, 3 in just this evening I’ve seen…

6 Likes

Mr. Storch actually did the Joker’s voice in the two Sccoby Doo Movies episodes with Batman and Robin. Ted Knight did Joker’s voice in the 1960s Filmation series.

4 Likes

I loved Mr. Storch on Nick at Nite’s F-Troop reruns when I was a kid.

I also enjoyed his namedrops on Married With Children, as Kelly Bundy was an attendee of the Larry Storch School of Acting. Storch even guest-starred once or twice.

Rest in peace, Larry.

4 Likes