Kevin Conroy, Batman, Has Passed Away

35 Likes

Incredibly sad news.

RIP Good Sir. You will be forever missed and always be vengeance, the Night and Batman in my heart as well as the voice in my head whenever I read Bruce Wayne/Batman speaking.

21 Likes

Very sad news.

Just met him for the first time at a con. He was such a nice guy. Just very sad stuff. Rest In Peace and best wishes to his family and friends

18 Likes

I am shock and sadden by this news, DC Animated Club will pay tribute to him soon.

20 Likes

A true loss to all fans! Mr. Conroy’s work was iconic! Rest In Peace.

20 Likes

I just learned of the news and I am crying. He was my favorite Batman. And, from everyone I know who had met him, he was also an incredibly nice guy. This is just so very sad.

22 Likes

What the â– â– â– â– .

RIP. :cry:

The Grim Reaper really has it out for legendary DC talents this year.

18 Likes

My hero…. MY HERO…
Since I was a kid, I’ve always loved this man. He was the definitive voice of Batman. Everytime I read the comics, it’s his voice that I hear as Batman. May he RIP. :pensive::pensive::pensive:

19 Likes

This is very sad news. I grew up watching animated series and Kevin has been my Batman voice ever since. He was an amazing Batman and he will be missed​:heart:

18 Likes

This breaks my heart.

18 Likes

Tragic news – and only 66, that’s so soon! But he did put a lot of life in those years, becoming one of if not the iconic voices of Batman, inspiring several generations with it between his runs on Batman: The Animated Series, the Arkham games, and more.

19 Likes

Recommended Reading:

The “Finding Batman” story in DC Pride 2022, penned by Mr. Conroy, about his life experiences:

19 Likes

This is so ■■■■■■■ sad. I honestly don’t know how to describe how I feel right now. It feels like such a massive loss. And it is. He’s just always been the voice of Batman for me, since even before I considered myself a big DC fan. A celebrity death has never hit me this hard. It just doesn’t feel like it can be real. I don’t want it to be real. This is an incredibly sad day for Batman fans.

20 Likes

Very sad to hear this news. I’m not one thats usually moved to tears from news like this (I usually think "It’s sad, but ai didn’t know them personally…) but I could feel the tears welling in my eyes when I read this. He was my Batman, above all others like I know he was for so many of you. His body is gone, but his voice will echo on until the end of time as THE voice of the Bat. RIP good sir.

19 Likes

Rest In Peace, Mr. Conroy. You were the best Batman of all time.

21 Likes

Great and productive life

20 Likes

I remember meeting him in 2014 at Denver Comic Con. He was such a genuine human being, interacted with all of his fans, have a little small talk with everyone, just a very down to earth kind of guy.

When I finally met him he asked about the book I had him sign, my Batman File book, which is very much a collectors item that any Batman fan should have. He was such a wonderful person to meet, and when we posed together I remember the fans going wild about us. It’s a memory that’ll always stick with me for the rest of my life!

23 Likes

This story made me tear up when I read it. It can be a hard read, but it’s a meaningful one.

17 Likes

That is such a wonderful story. I’m already tearing up again. One of the things I loved about Mr. Conroy was that he wasn’t just enormously talented, but from everything I have heard he was so very nice and so open to his fans. Also, I love the Golden Age Batman costume!

17 Likes

What an incredibly tragic loss. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones, and of course, to all of us whose lives he touched by being our Batman. :heart: :batman:

19 Likes