[Lantern Corps] Brightest Day - Week 29 [5/24 - 5/31]

Greetings @LanternCorps!

We’re reading through Brightest Day. The plan is to read 3 or 4 issues a week. Please avoid spoiling anything from issues beyond this week. If you missed last week, you can check it out here

The issues for this week are:

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. Did you have a favorite issue this week?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. Who would you bet on in a Sinestro vs. Rayner battle?
2 Likes

#17 was definitely a favorite this week. The Predator’s choice of host was unexpected, and Boston’s parts this issue were heartwarming.

Even though I suspected Manhunter’s story was an illusion, I wasn’t expecting all the JL to end up dead.

Probably Sinestro. He’s always seemed kinda scrawny, but I’d imagine he could handle Kyle.

1 Like

Either 17 or 16. I like the Firestorm parts and the Boston parts.

Uh, the whole issue with Martin Manhunter in the future trying to solve everyone’s deaths was surprising… I’m still a little confused but I assume it’ll sort itself out eventually.

I’m a Kyle fan but vs Sinestro with no rings? Sinestro all the way. Kyle isn’t a brawler, he’s a thinker. That’s why he is such a strong Green Lantern. And he would be Sinestro with rings. But without? Yeah, Sinestro has the upper hand here.

1 Like