[Lantern Corps] Blackest Night - Week 22 [10/26 - 11/02]

Greetings @LanternCorps!

We’ve come to the final week reading through Blackest Night. After this, we will continue into Brightest Day, but there will be a week off because I’m moving next weekend. Please avoid spoiling anything from issues beyond this week. If you missed last week, you can check it out here

The issues for this week are:

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. Did you have a favorite issue this week?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. How did you like the Blackest Night arc?
  4. Are you excited to see what Brightest Day has to offer? If not, is there a different arc you’d like to read?
2 Likes

Epic conclusion to a fantastic series. Loved every issue this week. From bullet Dove to the White Lantern Corps, it was all fantastic.

Honestly cannot pick a favorite issue. They were all so good. This is the stuff that makes Blackest Night my favorite storyline.

I also really like the epilogue. I know BN starts in the midst of the ear of light, so the alpha lanterns and the new laws are already in place, but it’s nice to see everyone dealing with the aftermath of a crisis.

I’m excited to continue into Brightest Day. The arrival of a white battery and the now living Deadman are intriguing threads to continue.

1 Like

I need time to read!!! @GL-Batophobia??? Whats the deadline???

For you, I’ll give until the end of November :gl_hv_1:

I missed it, I got an excuse tho! Im lazy

Alright, I can extend the deadline just this once. You’ve got 2 weeks to get that reading in.

1. Did you have a favorite issue this week?

That’s a hard one. I think I’d go with Blackest Night #8, a solid conclusion to the event while seeding enough interesting things to keep going. GLC #47 was also great, though I’ve always had a soft spot for “aftermath” issues of big events. GLC #46 and GL #52 were okay but kind of felt like filler, honestly. We’ve already seen the whole “loved ones terrorize people to death” thing more than couple of times.

1. Was anything surprising to see?

I don’t know which was more surprising – Guy being a Trekkie, or Aresia throwing a right hook at a Guardian.

1. How did you like the Blackest Night arc?

I think overall it was really good – it had a unique premise, beautiful art for the most part, and had some intriguing ideas that would keep going to the next one. Like I said before, there were a couple of filler issues here and there, but that’s par for the course sometimes.

1. Are you excited to see what Brightest Day has to offer? If not, is there a different arc you’d like to read?

Kind of a moot point since you’re already deep into the event, so I’ll just say yes and keep going. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No reason to feel obligated to say yes. Eventually the Brightest Day readings will end and a different story needs to replace it.

1 Like

Well, talking about potential stuff after this, it would be cool to read some of GL and GLC before Blackest Night, especially the Sinestro Corps War.

In terms of stuff after Brightest Day, I know I’d love to go through Green Lanterns and possibly Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps (or Hal & Pals, as it’s been lovingly nicknamed). And once they’re over, it would be cool to cover Far Sector and Grant Morrison’s “The Green Lantern” for the group.

But let’s not forget the older material. One run that comes to mind that would be cool to talk about is Denny O’Neil and Neil Adams’ Green Lantern/Green Arrow.

1 Like