Kyle Rayner Thread

I finally found something I’ve been wanting to read on Ultra, Green Lantern: Kyle Rayner Vol 1, later 2.
I’ve always like the character but never had read about his adventures in comic, sure I had his action figure and seen Superman The Animated Series episode ‘…In Brightest Day.’
If @HubCityQuestion ever did a Tuesday Trivia on him, I’d probably get at least 2 question right.
I’ve been wanting to make a thread about a hero who may not get enough recognition, I look forward to reading many more adventures. I really like each Green Lantern members in sector 2814, Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, Jon Stewart, Guy Gardner, Jessica Cruz and Kyle Rayner. :grinning:
If I’m forgetting anybody else, I do apologize, I’m still learning.
I hope Kyle Rayner’s adventures continues to this day, even with the return of Hal Jordan.

:00_lc_green_lantern1:

15 Likes

I read his first few issues but never got into him.

I maintain that is way more Hal Jordan than Kyle Rayner.

Simon is great… Assuming Geoff Johns is writing him.

5 Likes

Thankyou! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Reading @HubCityQuestion’s question, I wouldn’t get anything right! Sorry to miss it!:grinning:

5 Likes

I like Kyle Rayner. He popped up a lot in the GL books I’ve read, starting with the Geoff Johns stuff in the 2000s to today. He was the GL of the Tom King story “Omega Men” which I thought was great.

So yea, cool character. My first GL was John Stewart and I still see him as my favorite, followed by Jessica Cruz

6 Likes

Great, thankyou for letting me know.:grinning:

5 Likes

It’s so nice of Mongul for wanting to give the new Green Lantern a hug! :laughing:
This is where I’m now at in my Green Lantern reading on Kyle Rayner. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Awesome topic. Reading bits and pieces of Kyle Rayner Green Lantern, Superboy, and Tim Drake books. Those three were peak 90s legacy heroes.

5 Likes

Just finish reading a sad issue when Kyle’s girlfriend was murder! I really thought she was a great supporting castmember! :sob:
Looking forward to what lies ahead for Green Lantern and his new adventures. It’s now in the Zero hours!:mantelpiece_clock:

7 Likes

Talk about giving Kyle a cold reception.

6 Likes

My mind always goes to the fridge when I think of Kyle, unfortunately.

Well, that and his ugly suit.

7 Likes

Kyle Rayner is my brother’s favorite lantern, so he’d appreciate this thread! :raised_hands:

6 Likes

If you’re interested I actually talked about Alex DeWitt during Women’s History Month. She was awesome and deserved better.

6 Likes

Awesome, Thankyou I’ll check it out.:grinning:

4 Likes

Kyle is one of my favorite green lanterns!

7 Likes

Yea…that death is infamous. I think Gail Simone ended up writing a little piece and looking at stories where ttauma/death was inflicted on female characters in order to progress the male character’s arc and not their own - all because of this specific death

4 Likes

It’s a trope that I am appalled at. The one I absolutely hate was actually recent with Kamala Khan, whose short death was just as insulting as you can get in bringing unnecessary tragedy to a male protagonist in modern times with a death of a young brown girl.

Setting that aside for now. Alex Dewitt was still an amazing character. I always believed that in her short appearance, she was more heroic than her boyfriend Kyle, and I’m glad I was made aware of the Circle of Fire storyline because apparently Kyle had the exact same sediment.

5 Likes

Alex is the worst girlfriend in comics history. Kyle comes back from a hard day, and she gave him such a cold reception.

3 Likes

Hey hey hey man! Why don’t we just take a moment and chill out?

7 Likes

Nah, Alex gives the cold shoulder, so I will give the cold shoulder.

5 Likes