Kevin Conroy, Batman, Has Passed Away

I heart this. :+1:

12 Likes

Was always a fan of this. I would especially love his last line to Gordon from TDKR read by Kevin :pleading_face:

11 Likes

Same.

10 Likes

Via Susan Eisenbergā€™s Twitter feed:

15 Likes

He will have company up there with Bob Hastings (Gordon) and Efrem Zimbalist Jr. (Alfred).

13 Likes

15 Likes

Yep.

10 Likes

And Adam West

13 Likes

Along with Michael Goughā€¦

ā€¦ and Pat Hingle.

11 Likes

Via Jim Leeā€™s Twitter feed

11 Likes

I read Susan Eisenbergā€™s tribute to Kevin Conroy on Twitter and started crying again. I think what makes losing Mr. Conroy so hard isnā€™t just that he was the quintessential Batman and so great in so many other roles, but that he was truly a great gentleman. I never got to meet him, but I donā€™t think I know any other actor who was as kind and thoughtful towards his fans. As much as we loved him, I think he may have loved us back even more.

10 Likes

I was going to make a thread like this last night but I thought dc would make an official one Iā€™m shock they havenā€™t he was such a nice man

10 Likes

This week, I read the story of his work in DCā€™s Pride month issue. Awhile ago, I saw this interview with Michael Rosenbaum (please check it out when you have the chance). I didnā€™t realize how much he had to deal with. He really was a fighter. Rest In Peace.

13 Likes
14 Likes

He was such a nice man. Truly the best Batmanā€‹:black_heart: :bat:

14 Likes

Really unbelievable. Did not even know he was sick. This came outta no where like Chadwick Bosemanā€™s death. Conroy is literally the voice I hear when reading Batman dialogue.

16 Likes

do not watch this if you mind crying conroyā€™s last video and knowing what we know now
clearly a goodbye

14 Likes

This is something I wrote to help me process my feelings on Friday. Itā€™s a bit long, but I needed to share it and couldnā€™t think of a better place.

17 Likes

19 Likes

Years before he became known as the Batman, Kevin Conroy was in his first movie about the President called ā€˜Kennedyā€™ (1983) staring Martin Sheen as President Kennedy and John Shea (Future Lex Luthor on Lois & Clark) as Robert Kennedy.
Conroy didnā€™t have a huge role, he played Ted Kennedy.

I remember when I first got my DVD of this movie, I was thrill to see him in a live action TV movie, hereā€™s a first 2 clips from the movie that heā€™s seen in on Election night of 1960.

Hope you enjoy it, Look for John Glover in the first clip who voice The Riddler in Batman The Animated Seriesā€¦

A year later Conroy was in a TV movie about George Washington, I havenā€™t seen that movie. He played John Laurens.

Now I really want to see the movie. He was a great actor, even before playing Batman.:pensive:

10 Likes